Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon discount- today only

Thank you! I had four books in my cart, but was trying to wait, since I just received the four I ordered last week - but I took advantage, got the discount and the free s/h, so I justified (to myself) my purchase.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

@gidgetgh I wonder how they came up with such an odd amount? $8.62.

Wednesday

@gidgetgh  Amazon was no. 1 on the Harris Poll 2017 Reputation Quotient with a score of 86.27 excellent.  That's where they got the $8.62.

You'd think they'd have rounded it up to $8.63, right? Not that I'm quibbling... Smiley Wink

@noodleann- they DID round up!

It was 86.27, and 10% of that is 8.627, and rounded up, that's 8.63, not 8.62. Is there something I'm missing, or did the basic rules of math change while I was taking out the trash?

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

Wednesday

@gidgetgh  Amazon was no. 1 on the Harris Poll 2017 Reputation Quotient with a score of 86.27 excellent.  That's where they got the $8.62.

You'd think they'd have rounded it up to $8.63, right? Not that I'm quibbling... Smiley Wink

It was 86.27, and 10% of that is 8.627, and rounded up, that's 8.63, not 8.62. Is there something I'm missing, or did the basic rules of math change while I was taking out the trash?

What I'm missing is why anyone would want to gripe about rounding down?  Sheesh.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @gidgetgh...........

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

It would have been nice if they put the basic restriction 'only fulfilled by Amazon' in the email- rather than havng to click on 'Learn More'. I didn't click on the link becase I figured it was a more detailed promo about the Harris Poll ranking. I had the minimum in my cart after going through my wish list a bit- and then the code didn't work. I've had coupon snafus with Amazon several times  and I figured it was the same thing again.  Grrrr- it's a  major oet peeve of mine when coupon code restrictions aren't right out there for the consumer to see !

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

On Monday I bought an All Clad 12" frying pan with lid from Amazon LLC. It was $109.00. I missed out on today's deal! Woman Tongue

PS well, it cost considerably less than the Q price, so I did make out okay, but still...

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

I think Amazon was very clear that the coupon only worked for items both sold and shipped by Amazon. Like Sunny, I had just purchased several household items over the past week. I decided to get some of the items from my wishlist wich I would have purchased eventually, in order to take advantage of the saving. 

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

Wednesday

@noodleann- not that it matters now, but when you got to checkout, they rounded up to $8.63.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?