Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon deliveries getting a bit wonky

We signed up for Prime about two months ago when they had the one day offer for a $67 membership. So far, we love it. Our packages arrive very quickly and not through USPS Surepost.

Respected Contributor

I don't have Prime, but I wait to order until my total is greater than $35 so I can use free shipping.  I get my packages in 4-5 days usually, and I've gotten deliveries on Sundays. Good service.

Respected Contributor

I have prime and haven't had any problems. If it's offered I like to pick no rush shipping to get the dollar credit to use on kindle books and usually there isn't any delay in shipping anyway.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I get outstanding delivery from USPS (for packages), OnTrac and FedEx which has a huge presence out here now.   UPS is the worst.  I don't know what their main priority is but it is not customer satisfaction and moving packages quickly as possible.  Things that should be out for delivery on a Friday mysteriously get delivered on Mon and if that day is a holiday, then Tues.  When something arrives into your hometown on a Friday morning at 5AM there is ample time to get it on a truck for delivery.....the other carriers do it.  

Regarding QVC, I believe their distribution center is open now in Ontario, CA because for the first time, I was delivered an item by UPS directly from there and fast; delivered the same day it arrived into town and it did not travel up to a bunch of cities north of Ontario, CA and then back down like it usually did which added unnecessary time to deliver.  I used to ask UPS (800 number) why they were taking my packages on a joy ride.....didn't they have enough trucks.....why in god's name take my merchandise 300 miles north when the truck should have gone east to Nevada.  I am tired of their "stuff," and if I had a choice would never ship with them.   

Honored Contributor

I ordered a new Samsung tablet Saturday and was surprised to find it this afternoon in my unsecure rural-type of mailbox out by the street, having been delivered by USPS.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Hi Found!    I get a lot of smaller/lighter stuff from Amazon by Ontrac also.  It has been an excellent parcel delivery service.  I think it's pretty much just in our region of the country but not sure.

Trusted Contributor

I can't say I've noticed any differences. We do not have Prime and yet my packages are arriving quickly with no problems. We've been pleased.

Honored Contributor

I don't have any problem with package delivery with anyone.  I do not have Prime but still get my packages in a timely manner. 

Respected Contributor

WE have Prime and have had no issues with the delivery time.  However, I ordered two items last week, both to arrive on Friday.  On Sat. I realized they weren't here.  We have a front entry garage and a side entry door.  All packages from Amazon are always on our side entry porch.  I happened to be in the garage and saw one package on the driveway on one corner and the other on the driveway on the other corner.  Husband says that looks like a drone delivery.  

Honored Contributor

I don't have prime.  I never had an issue until earlier this month.  I usually get free shipping with my order amount and my gripe was not the time it took once it left the point of origin.  It was getting the order processed and on the road.  I waited a week for a calendar and medicated bath for my bird before I cancelled that order. Then I ordered boots and after a week tried to cancel that one - they arrived within 2 days of me trying to cancel.  I think twice now before I go with Amazon, I'm finding better prices, free shipping and getting my items faster from other sites.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise