Respected Contributor

Amazon deliveries getting a bit wonky

Until recently, Amazon has been almost 100% reliable with delivery dates.  Not for me anymore. There have been several unexplained delays and missteps with my orders.  I hope this isn't a trend.

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon deliveries getting a bit wonky

I don't know if you are a Prime member or not, but mine have continued to be pretty reliable with Prime.

One recently was weird, but it was no fault of Amazon.  It had an ETA of the Friday before last.   So I was glad because I wanted it on that day.  Anyway, around 2pm we see the UPS truck stopped right in front of my house.   A few minutes later, as soon as I finished what I was doing, I went to get the package and there was no package.  

I even went outside and one of my neighbors, two houses down, was outside.  He said 'yeah, I saw the UPS truck stopped in front of your house and then he came up to my house and delivered my package'.  

Seemed so odd.  Anyway, it continued to say 'out for delivery' for the rest of that day and then, magically, on Monday it was changed and the 'out for delivery' scan had been deleted.  I don't know if I'll ever figure out how they were AT my house, stopped, and didn't deliver it, unless it was scanned to his truck and not actually loaded - or he just didn't see it - I don't know.  Anyway, I did get it on Monday.

Respected Contributor

I havent had any problems.   I have Prime and think they are amazing!!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Montana wrote:

Until recently, Amazon has been almost 100% reliable with delivery dates.  Not for me anymore. There have been several unexplained delays and missteps with my orders.  I hope this isn't a trend.

I've been having a few too many issues myself.  Mostly centered around the weekend deliveries when the USPS are using their part-time/temp employees to deliver what the regular mail carriers can't handle.

Orders delivered but not to my address, receiving orders that aren't mine. packages dumped off in the middle of the driveway regardless of weather conditions. 

I've expressed my concerns to Amazon about this just this weekend when I had to get a replacement order sent out since someone else is clearly enjoying my movie and gift card that was delivered to them instead of me.

But this isn't just an Amazon issue.  This lies mostly with the USPS.  And I'm thinking it'll probably get even worse over the next few weeks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had Prime for years and I've had unexplained delays much more frequently in the last year or two, and I'm talking about delays in them processing and shipping my Prime orders, not late delivery due to the carrier or weather. I've also had a lot more packaging issues where they put very heavy items or items filled with liquid in with more delicate items. And these were orders that were not made at the same time but that they chose to combine in the same box. I have contacted customer service more than once over this. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not for me!

They have hit it every time..they must have the  best contracts with carriers as the prime delivery is always spot on..and I bet this Christmas will be a huge test to see how it goes; with more and more people using them.

I have noticed though small items get shipped in HUGE boxes....

Honored Contributor

I notice deliveries from everyone get to be a bit wonky form November to December. Sometimes in December I get a message that my item is on the UPs truck and out for delivery and then it never gets delivered - instead I get a message saying delivery has been rescheduled to the next day. That's all on UPS, not Amazon, but because of this I make sure I give things plenty of time to arrive.

Esteemed Contributor

@Montana wrote:

We are prime members. FedX even delivered 1 of our orders yesterday, which was Sunday. Can't beat that service! My wife has placed several orders in the last few weeks and they haven't missed a 2-day delivery with any of them.

If only all other online retailers were so "wonky" with their deliveries. Worth every penny to us when we signed on to being a prime member.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I've been saying this for last year or so.  I can't rely on getting my packages in two days anymore.

Honored Contributor

Exact same thing happened to me -  but with a QVC delivery!

Sitting right where I am now -  at my computer near a window where i can see the parking lot -  I saw the UPS truck arrive.   Ah, good.  My package is here!   or so I thought.

UPS driver disappeared to another house, ran back to his truck and took off.

I checked my tracking and guess what -  my package had been delivered according to that.

When I stopped the driver the next day, he at first denied he'd done what I saw.  Then all of a sudden he ran down the walk toward the other condo, but of course, there was no package and I couldn't prove he'd done wrong, but it was just beyond co-incidence.  QVC took care of me -  and I have to say while I don't particularly like that UPS driver's personality, he's certainly very careful about my deliveries since that time!

(BTW-  no way was I going to confront the people in the receiving condo.  I alreadysort of  knew they would deny getting what I'd paid for.)