Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon ECHO........will there be anymore sales before Christams?

QVC still has them, I don't know if the price is the same.

Look here, on the link from yesterday's presentation at 6pm:

http://www.qvc.com/ItemsRecentlyOnAirView?showType=ItemsRecentlyOnAir&storeId=10251&catalogId=10151&...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Sue98

It was the DOT that was the TSV yesterday.

Personally, if I were you, I would wait til Jan, 2017 because there will be an upgraded ECHO from Amazon.  This one comes w/a screen.

I was reading up on the new one, and wonder who will want it, and why. It seems to me that the whole point of the Echo was simple, quick voice communication and that's all. The new one, with the interactive screen, will be an Echo that's not an Echo in concept. It's been the aural-but-not-physical interaction that people have liked.

Will be interesting to hear what early adopters think of it - what they like and what they don't, etc.

The Dot will be perfect for me. I don't need the Echo's somewhat (but not spectacularly) better speaker for the bedroom, and that's virtually the only difference, at this point, between the Echo and the Dot. I'm willing to "waste" (worse case scenario) $50 on the Dot but don't care about what it does enough to ever spend $150+ on an Echo, screen or no screen. OTOH the new one might be really good for lights/home security.

Amazon emailed me that instead of my Dot being "back in stock) on Monday, I will receive it Monday. It could well be from stock they were holding for QVC that didn't sell. Hmmm....anyway, not complaining!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I will like the other one comming out by google. I am a google nut. I love to google everything and anything.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

You're like me, the Dot will be just fine in my bedroom.

I got the last set of white this morning (1:30am) even though the hosts kept saying they were sold out.

The website stated "in stock" & the clock was still ticking after midnight when the TSV was suppose to end on the east coast.

I called about the descripancy, sold out vs in stock & CS told me if I wanted a set of white they were mine at the TSV price w/$1 off of s&h.  I jumped right on it & had it sent to my daughter's family.  They are not Amazon members.  Neither am I.  Turns out I got the very last set of 2.

Regarding the clock still ticking after midnight for the east coast, CR stated that was because there were still around 20 DOTs left that Q wanted to clear out.  The trick is to keep clicking on the website till the "sold out" messages changes to "in stock" when the clock is still ticking after midnight.

I pay by check.  My DOT & my daughter's will be shipped out next week.  Was told I have an excellent track record for check payments.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma

Google Home is already out.  You can get one at Targer, Walmart, BestBuy, etc.

I love their commercials.  Cracks me up.  All the reviews for Google Home state in part that its better than Amazon ECHO.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I requested one for Xmas from my kids.....lol  don't know if they heard me or not...lol  we were all in a noisy room.

I specifically said the "google"  one but I bet if one of them does get it ,it will be the wrong one.......

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Sue98

Personally, if I were you, I would wait til Jan, 2017 because there will be an upgraded ECHO from Amazon.  This one comes w/a screen.

I was reading up on the new one, and wonder who will want it, and why. It seems to me that the whole point of the Echo was simple, quick voice communication and that's all. The new one, with the interactive screen, will be an Echo that's not an Echo in concept. It's been the aural-but-not-physical interaction that people have liked.

Will be interesting to hear what early adopters think of it - what they like and what they don't, etc.

The Dot will be perfect for me. I don't need the Echo's somewhat (but not spectacularly) better speaker for the bedroom, and that's virtually the only difference, at this point, between the Echo and the Dot. I'm willing to "waste" (worse case scenario) $50 on the Dot but don't care about what it does enough to ever spend $150+ on an Echo, screen or no screen. OTOH the new one might be really good for lights/home security.

Amazon emailed me that instead of my Dot being "back in stock) on Monday, I will receive it Monday. It could well be from stock they were holding for QVC that didn't sell. Hmmm....anyway, not complaining!

@Moonchilde   I just got finished reading about the new one. Sounds like a small tablet.  Going to be bigger with a 7 inch screen.  It does not sound appealing to me and if the larger one sells at 179.00 reg price, can you imagine what the new one will for for?  No Thanks!  Don't need a computer screen.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Sue98

@Moonchilde   I just got finished reading about the new one. Sounds like a small tablet.  Going to be bigger with a 7 inch screen.  It does not sound appealing to me and if the larger one sells at 179.00 reg price, can you imagine what the new one will for for?  No Thanks!  Don't need a computer screen.

Me either, @BalletBabe. I have an iPad, an iPhone and a Fire 8" if I want screen interaction. I wanted the Dot because I don't need to touch it!

Respected Contributor

I still cant figure out what Amazon Echo does or why I need one.

If it takes this much work, they can keep it. I retired for a reason.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac, I've noticed a few times lately that a TSV from the previous "day" was still being sold up to 9:30 pm/12:30 am PST.  I was a bit puzzled!