Valued Contributor

Re: Amal Clooney pregnant with twins

@PurpleBunny wrote:

Definitely IVF.  Too many sets of twins from celebrities to be chance. 

Not only celebrities in today's world.  Now almost every set of twins I see is a boy and girl.  Years ago it was identical twins of one sex.  

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

As reported  by People Magazine.

When celebrities have twins, I usually wonder about IVF.  Women who are a little older also have a higher incidence of twins naturally.

I know there have been rumors.

Hyacinth

Rumors? Why would people speculate about how a child or children are conceived? What difference does it make? I'm just not getting this.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

That's great news. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Did you all hear recently the white mom, black dad, had twin girls.

One white, one black.  I think that's cool  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I had identical twins  50 years ago, it was rare.  I couldn't go 8 feet without a crowd assembling

of course I had them the old fashioned way, SURPRISE.. Guess what.  No ultra sound, no sex peek.  You didn't know what you got until you had them..  They could tell heartbeat in some cases by 5 th month.

i remember my then MIL coming over with people she just met to show my daughters, lol!

i didn't sleep for 2 years at least.  Lots of work.  No paper diapers, we cooked formula, if you ran out by chance you had to go make some.  Glass bottles, rubber pants, puddle pads, lol. Omg

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

When I had identical twins  50 years ago, it was rare.  I couldnt go 8 feet without a crowd assembling.

That's strange, @shoekitty, because I think we are close in age and I knew many sets of twins growing up. Maybe it depends upon where one lived. I grew up on the border of LA and Beverly Hills. 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I bet they'll be gorgeous babies 

Esteemed Contributor

@hyacinth003  That's wonderful news!! Amal is so tiny, I can't imagine her being able to carry two babies.

Cute Butterfly Graphic

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@  

@suzyQ3

I lived in San Jose, and it wasnt that common in 1967.  I belonged to the MOT club, lol. (Mother of twins) .  There were about 30 of us that were members.  I believe in those days births were listed in statistics in the newspaper.  Now I am comparing 50 years ago with the rate of twins today. I see twins almost everyday now.  It is fun.  My one granddaughter has. 3 sets of twins and a triplet friend! They are boy girl twins, and one girl twins. The triplets are all girls.  Wait, ETA..my granddaughter does not have twins,  she has close friends that are twins and triplets.  Whew.  

i forget my daughters are twins until a discussion comes up.  They look alike, but so different.  I never saw them as twins.  Unless they got a free set of shoes and spoons 

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

When I had identical twins  50 years ago, it was rare.  I couldnt go 8 feet without a crowd assembling.

That's strange, @shoekitty, because I think we are close in age and I knew many sets of twins growing up. Maybe it depends upon where one lived. I grew up on the border of LA and Beverly Hills. 

I was in high school in the 60s.  Big HS in a city and i can only think of one set of twins, girls,  That was it.  IVF definitely has impacted multiples.