Respected Contributor

All Prepared and Ready for the Storm (or those in the path lol)?

So not looking forward to it! We are expecting up to 18 inches over a 48 hour period with high winds and sub zero wind chill temps. Happy New Year to us lol..

Interferes in a few appt's and out of town work related things for us...

Trusted Contributor

Re: All Prepared and Ready for the Storm (or those in the path lol)?

Where do you live, Coupon Queen? I am in Chicago and it snowed pretty much most of the day and supposed to be more lake effect snow tomorrow. Don't know total accumulation but it's a lot. Right now it's 21 degrees so it certainly could be worse temperature wise but it is supposed to be very cold early next week.

Anyway, stay safe.

Super Contributor

Jim Cantore just flew back to Boston so I'm scared.Wink

Predicting a Nor'easter coinciding with high tides which could be an issue for the coast. Cold air is supposed to produce fluffy snow and then warmer air by Sunday will probably melt it all.

I think these storms are nature's way of making us eat all the stuff we usually hoard in the pantry until it's past its expiration date. As long as we have wine and enough toilet paper, we're ready to ride it out. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I like Winter!

Honored Contributor

Not ready, hopefully I can hit the pool and the grocery store before it get's really bad.......

Honored Contributor

dp

Honored Contributor

My mother is in CT and she said snow was coming tonight. My sister took her to the grocery store today for staples. We've been struggling in WI with temperatures staying above zero.

Honored Contributor

i thought originally we were going to get walloped, but i think we are now in the 3-5 inches zone.....of course, the kids are hoping for enough to get them out of school! the cold blast is a different story though. not sure i want the 10 degrees on friday night, although i do enjoy wintertime weather.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.w00t} BREAD, MILK, TOILET PAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think in the DC metro area we are to get 1-3" of the light fluffy variety.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

Yuck.....I'm really dreading this.

One of my jobs will be affected if it's really bad, and I will have to work. Thankfully I can work at home if I want.

Not looking forward to the snow OR the cold(er) air on it's way.

Stay safe everyone!

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Honored Contributor

I am in North Carolina and going back home on Friday, today it was in the mid 50s and I'm not looking forward to going home.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson