New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta

@Kachina624 wrote:

My personal favorites...

I wonder why?

@Kachina624 

Nepotism.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

My favorite bees!  Smiley Happy

I've been to this event one time and it's truly awesome!  We have a balloon event here every year but it's probably 25% the size of the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta.    Anybody who might like such an event really needs to make a trip to Albuquerque!

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt.  They usually have 500-700 balloons registered.  I haven't heard the number for this year.  They've had to limit it because they're running out of landing places.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

wear slacks and take a fleece jacket I about froze my patooie off and I was just there past May.   It's COLD there in the morning !

Honored Contributor

One hour, six minurtes to go.  Looks like the weather is cooperating so we might get our mass ascension today.

Like you, @Kachina624 , I'll be watching televised coverage instead of watching from my driveway.  This will be the first one I won't see from my house and it feels weird. Woman Sad

I may try to get to the house next weekend to water the yard and watch a little of the fiesta before it's over.  That is, if the weather is still cooperating.

Anyway, here's a link to Balloon Fiesta™ Live:

Watch here

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Darth

Yoda

Stormtroopers

Still dark out there and the Stormtroopers are on the field.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

bet it's cold there !  great shots !

I thought it was only one day a yr. looking at the feed link it says like 4 days

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

bet it's cold there !  great shots !

I thought it was only one day a yr. looking at the feed link it says like 4 days

@SharkE 

It's nine days! Woman LOL

We need all nine because we never know what the weather will be!

(Great shots courtesy of the Internet.)

Right now we're at 55 degrees and the first balloon has left the ground.  Oh -- there goes another one!

Honored Contributor

the bosque

the bosque

balloon fiesta

balloon fiesta