Honored Contributor

Re: Ailes Out at Fox?

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Well, it's on the internet this morning ,,,,,,  MEGYN KELLY has told investigators that Ailes has made unwanted secksual advances toward her.   

I knew others would come forward ....  here's a link for those that need to be spoon fed the details,

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/07/19/sources-megyn-kelly-told-murdoch-investigators-that-roger-aile...

I don't need to be "spoon fed" the details but do want to see documentation when people make their statements.   Case in point: the thread here that Kate Middleton is pregnant.  NOT.  When people do not document their statements, I have no reason to believe them.   If your spin on it is being "spoof fed" well.....I'm really not surprised by that.

As for Megyn, why didn't she say something before now?   Because she wanted the millions Ailes was paying her I suppose.  I have no respect for her for not speaking out before this time.

Documentation? Because you can't just research it? 

I can but why should the onus be on me when it's not my claim?   Nope not bothering, why should I?   I find that a lot of people on these boards aren't very credible.  If they were, they wouldn't hesitate to post the documentation.  

I can't speak for others but I get tired of posting documentation, source, and link for people who don't read it and then walk away because they're not happy there is proof.

IMO they can look it up themselves.

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Any hope of shutting down fox news?

I hope not because then there would be nothing to trash on the threads except the hosts and LR I guess..

Given the number of supportive posts on this thread, it looks like quite a few posters on this BB are loyal Fox News viewers.  

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

It's astonishing to me how many women go to such lengths to support a man who has been accused of such conduct.

Bill Cosby and now Roger Ailes.

Each victim has their own reason(s) for not reporting the behavior and we (as women) shouldn't demonize them.   Some women have been subjected to this type of behavior for a long while and accept it as, "men, as usual."  It's not okay.

In all cases, tell someone, file charges, let an arrest be made and go to court.

I agree. I think some women do not want to face what they have allowed happen to themselves so they cast doubt on those who are brave enough to come forward.

I unfortunately had to get a restraining order against my 2nd exhusband. He was a decorated Police detective. Popular in the community and so on. He was being shielded by his department until he attempted to strangle me  at my parents home in a bizarre attempt to kidnap me. I had already left him after having gone through a DMV trial with his first wife. That was not going well for him. I had no idea about any of this.  (Again no clue about this until after we married.)  We lived in another town in NJ where he was working. So now that another Police Dept was involved he could not hide. Although he and his parents continued to harass my DD and I because we were going forward with the DMV.. I ended up having to testify against him in a grand jury investigation because my pressing charges was the catalyst to his dept being swept for illegal guns and other things. It was a nightmare and I ended up getting my restraining order and having to move away with my DD. But I would do it again to keep him from hurting us.

So when I see women judging other women or flat out calling their claims false it just disgust me. 

Wow.  Your story is very similar to what a friend of mine went through with an ex-husband who was a cop.  She couldn't get help from his fellow officers.  Unfortunately, she was too scared to follow through.  She moved to another state:/

Unfortunately I think it happens more then some would like to admit. Not saying all police are bad. But there are some that should never be given that power. 

Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

It's astonishing to me how many women go to such lengths to support a man who has been accused of such conduct.

Each victim has their own reason(s) for not reporting the behavior and we (as women) shouldn't demonize them.   Some women have been subjected to this type of behavior for a long while and accept it as, "men, as usual."  It's not okay.

In all cases, tell someone, file charges, let an arrest be made and go to court.

@MyGirlsMom

There are a lot of women who just don't like other women, especially if they have been successful.

Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom

I haven't found your original post regarding the harassment of you and your family but I have been able to put together the pieces.

You know I consider you a friend and I am so very sorry you, your daughter and mother had to go through that.  Thank God you are all ok.

Heart

Noel

Honored Contributor

Caravaggio- I also read your story here and I just wanted to say that I am glad you came out the other side in one piece and, hopefully, you are doing well and thriving.

Being controlled, whether it is by the person or the system that supports the person controlling you can certainly feel like you are never going to get out.  I'm happy for you and your daughter that you got out!

Heart

Honored Contributor

What would you do if you were a network news anchor/star reporter? Would you just let it go because your career comes first? That's what these women did. 

Not me. I would report it as soon as it happened. By not doing so, you are letting your fellow women reporters get put in uneasy positions. And you're letting a man get away with horrible acts. It's not worth it. 

So now we have some saying he did; some saying he didn't. 

Megyn Kelly seems to me like a person who will do anything to get ahead. Shame on her for not speaking out about this sooner. And Gretchen threw every other successful female anchor there under the bus. By saying SHE didn't give in to him to get ahead, she is insinuating others did. I think there were other reasons she was fired, and she wanted to get back at him. Shame on her for praising him in her book and thanking him for the opportunities he gave her. She could have just left that out. 

I don't find either one of them credible, simply because they didn't speak out about it sooner. This is a lot different from a situation in which someone is abused every day and her work situation is intolerable. 

So he "resigns" - and Gretchen will be able to say she's the one who brought down Fox News. 

She'll land on her feet; he won't. Don't know what will happen to Steve Doocy. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

He may be out but not relative to the allegations because he hasn't been to court as yet.  

Under the Anti Sexual harassment regulations, a company is required to take action if an internal investigation reveals harassment did take place. Action can include termination.  A court of law finding is not needed.

In fact, the company can be severely punished and become completely liable if they fail to take action. 

@mstyrion 1- you are correct.  I've done such investigations in my former Company before retirement.  Fox has been conducting internal investigations which are far better than external because they are confidential and done by neutral people familiar to those being questioned and they are more apt to confide in them rather than have their names in the news .  The internal investigation is NOT complete as yet.  Yes, if they find impropriety he will be terminated as he should be.  If their internal investigation is inconclusive, then, they will have to await a court/mediator decision.  I have found that in the course of these investigations with people at a high level, a financial settlement may be offered in turn for a resignation.  The longer this goes on, the longer Fox's name is in the news and blemished being labeled as a "sexist" or hostile workplace.  Ailes may not have the intestinal fortitude to go through a very public trial if the court decides that this will be a trial or not.  They can't even decide which state will handle the whole mess.  So the whole thing may be very lengthy.  Ailes may care about the network itself or just self preservation and he is in his 70s.  The Murdochs care about the network only not Carlson nor Ailes; it's business and preservation of the organization.  

However, Ailes can not be terminated based on allegations only unless he agrees to leave with a settlement.  Our justice system is based on the fact that you are innocent until proven guilty even in the most heinous of crimes.  To this date, to my knowledge, he has not been proven guilty only in the court of public opinion.  I am not supporting Ailes, but awaiting the facts before judgement. 

Ailes works in New York State.

You can be fired in NY State "at will." No reason has to be given at all, as long as you don't fall into a protected class of workers - disabled, pregnant, racial, etc.

I'm sure he works on a contract with several severance clauses. They can fight out his settlement in court.

ITA, terrier

I think there is some confusion about the term "innocent until proven guilty". That is a test in the criminal justice system and has no bearing whatsoever on employer/employee relations-especially in an "at will" state.

I did these investigations in NYS...."at will"  means you can be fired for no reason but a Company will never fire an employee accused of harassment by one disgruntled employee ( there were more who came forward after the initial complaint).....until after an exhaustive and thorough internal investigation....if he/she is strongly suspected and witnesses collaborate a claim, he/she is considered guilty by the organization and a penalty will occur, fired.  Legal proceedings outside have no bearing because a company will work faster and a decision will be made by the organization way before GC ever gets to be heard in court/arbitrator; one does not affect the other and are unrelated.  If Ailes is found guilty by an arbitrator/jury, Fox does not have to fire him (real stupid if they didn't) and the court can not make a judgement on the findings of an outside entity (prejudiced)  A court will decide innocent or guilty and award damages.  Many disgruntled employees launch complaints against management and some are unfounded and some are guilty; they don't get fired at the allegation of impropriety.    You just can't fire someone on your "say so" that harrassment occurred because it always doesn't.  That's how employment law works....on the premise of innocent until the facts are in and you did or didn't (guilt or innocence).  Fox lawyers will interview all internal/external witnesses if they consent and bring their findings to their Chief legal Council, CEO, Murdochs and enterprise pertinent people and a decision will be rendered by them based on recommendations, the law and the facts as they know them.  The accuser is not working for Ailes now but if she were, she would be reassigned elsewhere and advised about retaliation and prompt reporting of same.  The accused never retaliate because they are being watched, it's almost an admission of guilt and most are not stupid.  Believe me Fox would fire Ailes today if they could; he is a burden public relations-wise, does not get along with the Murdochs and a lot of money is being spent for his defense.  I am sure he has been offered a settlement to leave already.......he could turn around and sue for hostile workplace himself, if he were fired without an investigation and substantiated facts ......ruined reputation, financial loss at a very high salary....I am not talking innocent or guilty in the legal sense but did he or didn't he act in appropriately to GC and other women while working at Fox.  All of these complaints are submitted to outside entities as well like the EEOC, federal and state......if he is guilty so be it, he will pay....maybe she may even get her job back?  And be awarded a hefty sum too....but the ideation that women  are victims or helpless in the workplace today in a large reputable organization is false.  There are laws and  women, men, members of the LGBT community, disabled/pregnant and all other protected categories are made aware of them, know their rights and are savvy.  Organizations do strive to protect employees and by having good policies and work conditions protect the organization. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom- that's true but we don't know....that is what they are investigating and fact finding....you must harassment is a serious crime 

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@MyGirlsMom

There are a lot of women who just don't like other women, especially if they have been successful.

Do you think it's that old "women should stay in their place" mentality?

Or just plain old fashioned envy?