Honored Contributor

Re: Ailes Out at Fox?

[ Edited ]

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

It's astonishing to me how many women go to such lengths to support a man who has been accused of such conduct.

Bill Cosby and now Roger Ailes.

Each victim has their own reason(s) for not reporting the behavior and we (as women) shouldn't demonize them.   Some women have been subjected to this type of behavior for a long while and accept it as, "men, as usual."  It's not okay.

In all cases, tell someone, file charges, let an arrest be made and go to court.

I agree. I think some women do not want to face what they have allowed happen to themselves so they cast doubt on those who are brave enough to come forward.

I unfortunately had to get a restraining order against my 2nd exhusband. He was a decorated Police detective. Popular in the community and so on. He was being shielded by his department until he attempted to strangle me  at my parents home in a bizarre attempt to kidnap me. I had already left him after having gone through a DMV trial with his first wife. That was not going well for him. I had no idea about any of this.  (Again no clue about this until after we married.)  We lived in another town in NJ where he was working. So now that another Police Dept was involved he could not hide. Although he and his parents continued to harass my DD and I because we were going forward with the DMV.. I ended up having to testify against him in a grand jury investigation because my pressing charges was the catalyst to his dept being swept for illegal guns and other things. It was a nightmare and I ended up getting my restraining order and having to move away with my DD. But I would do it again to keep him from hurting us.

So when I see women judging other women or flat out calling their claims false it just disgust me. 

Wow.  Your story is very similar to what a friend of mine went through with an ex-husband who was a cop.  She couldn't get help from his fellow officers.  Unfortunately, she was too scared to follow through.  She moved to another state:/

Esteemed Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom

Your post deserved more tan a "heart."  I just can't believe how horrible that must have been for you and your daughter.  You were in great danger and you were brave enough to stick with it.  You deserve all the accolades that can be given for all that you've been though.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Well, it's on the internet this morning ,,,,,,  MEGYN KELLY has told investigators that Ailes has made unwanted secksual advances toward her.   

I knew others would come forward ....  here's a link for those that need to be spoon fed the details,

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/07/19/sources-megyn-kelly-told-murdoch-investigators-that-roger-aile...

I don't need to be "spoon fed" the details but do want to see documentation when people make their statements.   Case in point: the thread here that Kate Middleton is pregnant.  NOT.  When people do not document their statements, I have no reason to believe them.   If your spin on it is being "spoof fed" well.....I'm really not surprised by that.

As for Megyn, why didn't she say something before now?   Because she wanted the millions Ailes was paying her I suppose.  I have no respect for her for not speaking out long before now if what she's claiming (if the unnamed "sources" are correct) - she put up with the harassment then to make the money.  That would say a lot about her.

@Pearlee- I guess Ailes didn't give HIS star more money than O'Reilly during her contract negotiations ....she certainly did pretty good under Ailes (no pun intended).   Women play the game too and I suspected she has always been a player.  

Respected Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom

Your post deserved more tan a "heart."  I just can't believe how horrible that must have been for you and your daughter.  You were in great danger and you were brave enough to stick with it.  You deserve all the accolades that can be given for all that you've been though.

Thanks it happened almost 15 years ago and I have actually just started to talk about it to people outside my family. Not a fun time I can assure you. But time has away of erasing the hard edges so that you can move forward. And that we have done. Thank you again for your kind words.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom

Thanks it happened almost 15 years ago and I have actually just started to talk about it to people outside my family. Not a fun time I can assure you. But time has away of erasing the hard edges so that you can move forward. And that we have done. Thank you again for your kind words.Woman Happy

@AngusandBuddhasMom

Your post took my breath away..

Many woman aren't as brave as you and some who were aren't here to tell about it.  I remember a story somewhere out west where the wife of a high ranking police officer was killed by her husband because she spoke out against his violence.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ailes Out at Fox?

[ Edited ]

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom

((((((((((((gentle hugs @AngusandBuddhasMomcaravaggio)))))))))))))))

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

It's astonishing to me how many women go to such lengths to support a man who has been accused of such conduct.

Each victim has their own reason(s) for not reporting the behavior and we (as women) shouldn't demonize them.   Some women have been subjected to this type of behavior for a long while and accept it as, "men, as usual."  It's not okay.

In all cases, tell someone, file charges, let an arrest be made and go to court.

@MyGirlsMom- no one here was supporting Mr Ailes....if he is guilty, he should be punished and I believe most stated that.  But having been harassed early in my career by a powerful man in the corporate world as well as one who was a member of an investigative team re to harassment later in my career, I like facts and results of an investigation or court decision before I determine guilt.  You know that silly concept of innocent to proven guilty.  If he is guilty, he will get what he deserves but that decision is not in the hands of posters on a shopping channel thread, the media or gossip rags.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Stray

Many posters here on Community Chat ( Viewpoints) are  educated and can form an informed opinion based on what they read ore hear.

I'm positive that Mr. Ailes when hired at Fox News signed a contract which had a 'morals' clause or agreement that if he were to cause his employer damage in the eyes of said employer, he would or could be fired.  Nothing has to be proven. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@MyGirlsMom- disagree there are very strict laws re harassment and hostile workplace and against retaliation.  An organization like FOX, most likely, has a written policy and every employee is given a handbook with that in writing.   I worked in a Fortune 100; se**al harassment/HW is discussed at orientation and in setting up our policies/guidelines, it was a compilation from many different organizations.  Women and men have protection today; it's never comfortable to confront or accuse your boss, but, I never saw one person who launched an investigation fired or penalized in any way in my long career.  Many women and men do report inappropriate behavior; it is not uncommon but all men are not found guilty based on allegations alone.  The higher in the Company the worse the penalty because an officer represents the organization.  It's about power and abuse of it. 

Honored Contributor

Any hope of shutting down fox news?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.