Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

It's astonishing to me how many women go to such lengths to support a man who has been accused of such conduct.

Bill Cosby and now Roger Ailes.

Each victim has their own reason(s) for not reporting the behavior and we (as women) shouldn't demonize them.   Some women have been subjected to this type of behavior for a long while and accept it as, "men, as usual."  It's not okay.

In all cases, tell someone, file charges, let an arrest be made and go to court.

@MyGirlsMom

There are a lot of women who just don't like other women, especially if they have been successful.

@Noel7- I don't believe that.  I admire them but it also depends on your definition of "successful".  I used successful women in business as my mentors.  But, women who are excellent at whatever they chose in life are successful to me.  Some very so called "successful women" are dreadful selfish/self centered human beings.  

@Stray

I wasn't talking about you.

Unfortunately, those of us here for a long time have seen continuing attacks on successful women.  Not to mention pretty women, moms, the list goes on.  It never stops.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ailes Out at Fox?

[ Edited ]

@Stray wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

It's astonishing to me how many women go to such lengths to support a man who has been accused of such conduct.

Each victim has their own reason(s) for not reporting the behavior and we (as women) shouldn't demonize them.   Some women have been subjected to this type of behavior for a long while and accept it as, "men, as usual."  It's not okay.

In all cases, tell someone, file charges, let an arrest be made and go to court.

@MyGirlsMom

There are a lot of women who just don't like other women, especially if they have been successful.

@Noel7- I don't believe that.  I admire them but it also depends on your definition of "successful".  I used successful women in business as my mentors.  But, women who are excellent at whatever they chose in life are successful to me.  Some very so called "successful women" are dreadful selfish/self centered human beings.  

eta: for some reason this post didn't format correctly in my response to Stray:

@Stray they can also be punishing and unbelievably vindictive women that will never give you a break if they even remotely see you as being a threat to them.  I can speak volumes to this and the worst part is, I didn't even understand what was happening at the time as all I wanted to do was do a good job and make each project a success (and make her look good for heavens sake).

Power and undue influence shows up sometimes when you least expect it.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@MyGirlsMom

@Stray

Unfortunately, those of us here for a long time have seen continuing attacks on successful women.  Not to mention pretty women, moms, the list goes on.  It never stops.

It's like there's this very small mold that the attackers think all women should fit into.

Be anything outside of that mold and you're a candidate for attack.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@MyGirlsMom

@Stray

It's like there's this very small mold that the attackers think all women should fit into.

I agree with you @QueenDanceALot

And most women who are raped or beaten and are in the news are almost always not believed by many women here.  In fact, they often become the focus of anger, how dare they claim what they have claimed.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@MyGirlsMom

@Stray

I agree with you @QueenDanceALot

And most women who are raped or beaten and are in the news are almost always not believed by many women here.  In fact, they often become the focus of anger, how dare they claim what they have claimed.

I know.  It makes my blood boil.  I have had to leave threads where some have even suggested that the woman has some culpability in her own abuse.

It makes me sick.

Esteemed Contributor

Breaking news per Media Matters for America, Ailes is out.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Breaking news per Media Matters for America, Ailes is out.

Don't let the door hit you in the a$$, Rog!

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

What would you do if you were a network news anchor/star reporter? Would you just let it go because your career comes first? That's what these women did. 

Not me. I would report it as soon as it happened. By not doing so, you are letting your fellow women reporters get put in uneasy positions. And you're letting a man get away with horrible acts. It's not worth it. 

So now we have some saying he did; some saying he didn't. 

Megyn Kelly seems to me like a person who will do anything to get ahead. Shame on her for not speaking out about this sooner. And Gretchen threw every other successful female anchor there under the bus. By saying SHE didn't give in to him to get ahead, she is insinuating others did. I think there were other reasons she was fired, and she wanted to get back at him. Shame on her for praising him in her book and thanking him for the opportunities he gave her. She could have just left that out. 

I don't find either one of them credible, simply because they didn't speak out about it sooner. This is a lot different from a situation in which someone is abused every day and her work situation is intolerable. 

So he "resigns" - and Gretchen will be able to say she's the one who brought down Fox News. 

She'll land on her feet; he won't. Don't know what will happen to Steve Doocy. 

@beach-mom

Historically, women who report harassment get fired AND they often get banned in the business. 

Most DO NOT report because for so long it was the price women paid to get ahead.  Remember what Barbara Walters said?  She had to sleep her way to the top.

Don't blame women, blame the system because that is often also the case with rape.

@Noel7- that just isn't true....long ago maybe it was true.  I did the statistics and handed in stats to our CEO and reported them to the EEOC.  Big companies have diversity officers, onbudspeople and teams with members like myself that investigate, are neutral and part of a team handling harrassment/HW....we advise people to report retaliation for launching an inquiry; a person is given a severe reprimand or fired for retaliation and other actions take place protecting employees. There are strong laws protecting people in the workplace and if employees are unaware of them or feel they are being harassed, they are working in the wrong place and giving power to the harassers.  Women nor men  are hesitant about reporting impropriety. 

GC is in the entertainment business and she may be black balled not for accusing Ailes if it is true....but, maybe she is known as being difficult and a mediocre host??? I wouldn't know but their personna and temperament are known around "town" being NYC....because it is a very small town re entertainment.  If her reputation precedes her, she may not work or she may be the hottest ticket in town...time will tell...

Respected Contributor

Drudge broke the story about an hour ago.  He put his siren up with "Exclusive" and said Ailes has left Fox and will get $40+ million. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Ailes Out at Fox?

[ Edited ]

Now Drudge has the siren up with Ailes denying he harassed Megyn Kelly.  New York magazine reported today that Kelly told the law firm hired by Fox to investigate that about 10 years ago when she was new there he harassed her.  There were no details of the harassment, but the article did say Megyn went into detail about it to the investigators.

Also, the Huffing and Puffington Post had an item today quoting Ann Coulter as saying she knows of multiple Fox News women who have been harassed.  The article did not say by whom, so I can't say whether Coulter was talking about Ailes, Ailes and other men, or just other men.

Clearly, Fox is a bad place for women as evidenced by the way they are forced to dress on air.  To be fair, many other outlets follow similar practices.  Fox is my major cable news station, but I've always been offended by the manner of dress and all the make-up, not to mention the stilettos that almost every woman on air wears.  It is sexist and IMO abusive.