Honored Contributor

Re: Age Appropriate dance moves? Or not?

On 8/17/2014 Catfancy1 said:
On 8/17/2014 Lila Belle said:

Cute and talented kid.

She is a very pretty little girl. Should be dressing and dancing like a little girl, not like Miley Cyrus!

And we wonder why women aren't getting anywhere in the world. I just wonder what that mom thinks she is teaching that kid, or what she expects her to be. And more importantly, when she gets older what does this say to the guys around her? Or even now to the 14-year-old guys that grow up so fast now. I'm not saying that women "ask for it" but actions have consequences--sometimes unintended ones. Is the girl mature enough to handle the things boys might say and think?

Honored Contributor

Huh? What actions? What consequences?

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't want my 9 yo daughter dancing like that. I didn't like the make-up or the outfit and the song alone was inappropriate for a child of 9 years old.

Most of the dancing was okay but there were enough moves thrown in that I didn't think were age appropriate that it ruined the entire dance.

Honored Contributor

On 8/18/2014 sidsmom said:

Huh? What actions? What consequences?

Dance moves like this and the comments and cat calls that the little girls might get form boys--including rude comments and innuendos they might not understand. Even sadder is if they did understand isn't it?

Respected Contributor

When I see dances like this I wonder if it would come across the same if the music was a different song choice......I dislike the song choice in this case.

Honored Contributor

A great little dancer and I thought she moved well. While I don't think the little girl thought it dirty, as the grandmother of a 10 yr. old, if this is what little girls are taught in dance..... I hope mine sticks to her horse back riding lessons!!!!

Regular Contributor

On 8/18/2014 Sooner said:
On 8/17/2014 Catfancy1 said:
On 8/17/2014 Lila Belle said:

Cute and talented kid.

She is a very pretty little girl. Should be dressing and dancing like a little girl, not like Miley Cyrus!

And we wonder why women aren't getting anywhere in the world. I just wonder what that mom thinks she is teaching that kid, or what she expects her to be. And more importantly, when she gets older what does this say to the guys around her? Or even now to the 14-year-old guys that grow up so fast now. I'm not saying that women "ask for it" but actions have consequences--sometimes unintended ones. Is the girl mature enough to handle the things boys might say and think?

Exactly!

Super Contributor

Be interesting to know the age groups of those who thought it inappropriate and those that thought it was okay. I say inappropriate and I am old as dirt at 74.

A house is not a home without a cat!
Super Contributor

On 8/16/2014 ~kaIypso~ said:

The little 9 year old girl is extremely talented. With that said.., her moves were not age appropriate.

She is popping her chest and she has no chest to pop. She went beyond doing the splits, and any twerking on stage for her age is inappropriate.

Too much for the stage at her age.

Of course she has a chest to pop. Not every adult dancer will be endowed with a big bust, that's ok. I didn't miss one thing because of the the size of her chest, her dance skills were still just terrific.

Respected Contributor

Old as dirt here also. I thought she did very well. Seen kids dancing like this at dance recitals and never gave it a thought as being crude. Guess its because we see so many kids around here doing their dance moves and cheer leading practice. As for her costume or out fit sure wish I knew how to post a picture of the one this old lady here wore back in 1950's it was wow to. By the way have you been to the gym lately and saw what these little kids are taught to do? Go watch what happen at gymnastic classes.