Esteemed Contributor

Advice phone brand to buy (Galaxy)

Excuse the duplicate post.  Title was inacurate and I wanted to repost to get responses to help me

Got some time, but in a few montths my contract expires with Sprint who I have been with for a long  time.  I have a Galaxy Note 4... really too big in size for me to carry around.  And short battery life.  I am interested in the Samsung Galaxy series.  

Looking for:

1.  Long battery life

2.  Good camera

3.  Smaller size than Note 4

I rented the phone actually on the plan. I will need to give the phones back (hubby's too) I am an Android gal so I really am not interested in the Apple.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Advice phone brand to buy (Galaxy)

@bonnielu wrote:

Excuse the duplicate post.  Title was inacurate and I wanted to repost to get responses to help me

Got some time, but in a few montths my contract expires with Sprint who I have been with for a long  time.  I have a Galaxy Note 4... really too big in size for me to carry around.  And short battery life.  I am interested in the Samsung Galaxy series.  

Looking for:

1.  Long battery life

2.  Good camera

3.  Smaller size than Note 4

I rented the phone actually on the plan. I will need to give the phones back (hubby's too) I am an Android gal so I really am not interested in the Apple.  

Galaxy S7???

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, that is what I was thinking.  Not sure if I shoud jump ship and go to ATT or Verizon.  

I was hoping not only to get a good phone but a good plan as well.

Any suggestions for carrier?

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Yes, that is what I was thinking.  Not sure if I shoud jump ship and go to ATT or Verizon.  

I was hoping not only to get a good phone but a good plan as well.

Any suggestions for carrier?

All the carriers should have the S7 by now.

*Call Tyrone*
Valued Contributor

Hubby & I have the Samsung Galaxy S5 and we both detest our phones. Can't wait until fall when we can go back to the iPhone. Not a Samsung phone fan, at all!

Respected Contributor

I-phone user here. Been w/ Verizon for many years!
Honored Contributor

love my galaxy note 4 and will probably stay with a note when i want to upgrade again. there are lots of things you can do to increase the battery life of your phone. the main thing is to make sure you close all of your apps that you are not using. of course, this doesnt answer your question, but just thought i would mention it. i am a samsung galaxy lover!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
I-phone user here. Been w/ Verizon for many years!

I have a Note 5 with Verizon. When you buy a phone from Verizon you will own the phone at the end of the contract. I know  Verizon has deals on the Samsung S7.  You should check online and go into a store. 

Esteemed Contributor

I went from the S3 to the note 5 and absolutely love it.  I use the note 5 much more and have not had a problem with battery life.  I was looking for the bigger screen and have not had any issues with carrying  it around.  Camera is great, I take lots of pictures and videos.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

My daughter and hubby went from their I phones to the Note 5's. I went to a S6 and I am happy too.