Valued Contributor

Advice: best car ice scraper to get?

We're transplants from FL, so we are pretty clueless on buying things like ice scrapers for the windshields, but I imagine there are some good ones & some terrible ones...sure would appreciate a few helpful tips on how to find a good one & what to watch out for?  Many thanks in advance!

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Honored Contributor

Re: Advice: best car ice scraper to get?

[ Edited ]

I use a cover similar to this, instead of an ice scraper. I also use this spray. (It works) Walmart brand/cheaper brand works too.

41-XQoUtg+L._SX466_.jpg (466×308)

3 (300×300)

Trusted Contributor

If you are Costco members, I just picked up a 2pc scraper/brush set for $14.99.  Sturdy & adjustable.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

2-In-1 Ice Scraper + Snow Broom

SJBLZD

$18.88

I got this for my DD when she moved to Indiana from TN.  She loved it and so did some of her friends that used it.  ShowMe put me on to snowjoe.com because she has used them.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

@cancun08 wrote:

If you are Costco members, I just picked up a 2pc scraper/brush set for $14.99.  Sturdy & adjustable.

This is what I use. Also if you warm up the car before you try to scrape off the ice, it slides right off.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

I look for an ice scrapper with a long handle.  I get a lot of snow, so I also look for it to have a brush.  I don't but any particular brand, but look for that handle adjustability.  I can twist mine and it adds a few feet.  When finished, it can be shortened.  I have an SUV and need to be able to reach the roof.

Frequent Contributor

Also, try Sam's club.  They have a similiar set.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't use them and I'm glad my car has defrosters for the windshield, rear window, mirrors and wipers.
Honored Contributor

A husband or a son

Valued Contributor

Best product De Icer, really works ......................................