Super Contributor

Re: Adrian Peterson Will Be Playing On Sunday...

Yes, but these players have contracts. I guess IF the team wants to pay the contract in full.

Don't know?

Just saw the NFL plans to hire 4 women to help them establish some policies, procedures, etc. etc. Didn't click on the link to read article . . . so didn't read any names being considered.

Respected Contributor

On 9/15/2014 Qwackertoo said:

Yes, but these players have contracts. I guess IF the team wants to pay the contract in full.

Don't know?

Just saw the NFL plans to hire 4 women to help them establish some policies, procedures, etc. etc. Didn't click on the link to read article . . . so didn't read any names being considered.

The thread has discussed a lot, contracts too, lol.

(and it all depends on what the contract says on what they can/can't do-- which is why I stated earlier about putting all of this criminal and or violent behavior issues in the contract with clarity so none of this "should we fire" stuff comes up)

Respected Contributor

They already have these in their contracts where they can be fired for embarrassing the league.

Respected Contributor

On 9/15/2014 scotttie said:

They already have these in their contracts where they can be fired for embarrassing the league.

I know you do not agree, but I think they need to address crimes and be more specific in the contracts.

What they have done is not working, thus far.

Respected Contributor

On 9/15/2014 Complicated said:
On 9/15/2014 scotttie said:

I know you do not agree, but I think they need to address crimes and be more specific in the contracts.

What they have done is not working, thus far.

Marianne, I think that is by design. They don't WANT to fire them.

Respected Contributor

Well, they better start taking it seriously, because the $$ is from the public that IS taking it all seriously and that can impact them.

Power of the purse, literally in this case.

Contributor

TMZ reports a second allegation has come out. Another child came back to his mother with a bump and scrap on the head. AP said he hit his head on car seat. Mother kept questioning. AP admitted he hit him on the head. He needs to be fired. This is sick!

Super Contributor

I am convinced we have raised a generation of thug hoodlums and if we were to delve further into these young athletes backgrounds we would see that violence is the norm for most of them.

Contributor

This child was also 4. Defenseless! He needs to be charged. He's a serial abuser.

Respected Contributor

I am confused, does he have 2 four year olds? Twins, or different moms?