Honored Contributor

Re: Adele named best singer?

@QVCkitty1  That was well written.  I agree.  I'm a 69 year old Boomer who loves, loves music, all music (not so much rap, but I don't rule it out).

I have always loved Bob Dylan's music but to this day I couldn't tell you more than a few words to his music because I never could understand what he was saying!  Ha!

Respected Contributor

Well I checked the internet and it says she was named the best global artist and best selling artist of 2015. That's a big thing I guess. I didn't vote that day

Respected Contributor

To me, she has a strong, powerful voice but it isn't really a pretty voice, like Celine Dion or Whitney Houston.  It just sounds to me like someone yelling as loud as they can

Respected Contributor

For me, there is no one that touches me like Adele.  What an artist.  Everyone has their own personal taste as to what is relevant to music, but Adele gets the job done for me.  Hello???

Respected Contributor

I think it's objective. I don't go by the best voice , I meaure a song if I feel what they are saying. 

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

To me, she has a strong, powerful voice but it isn't really a pretty voice, like Celine Dion or Whitney Houston.  It just sounds to me like someone yelling as loud as they can

I'm afraid I feel the same way about the yelling and not having a "pretty" voice and have compared her actually to Whitney Houston who seemed to yell even louder.  I really don't like yelling singers so I never cared for Whitney either.  Celine Dion can do that but her voice seems more melodic to me.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

She did?  I know a lot of people appreciate her voice, I don't.  It's too deep and she has way too many songs about some love from waaaay back that she thinks is still obsessing over her!  Really!!!

Much prefer others!!!!!

Honored Contributor

BBC reports she won for best singer and best global artist by a music organization.  It's under news reports.

Good for her!

Honored Contributor

I just thought of something.  It would be interesting to have singers compete and sing something from each genre.  It would be interesting to hear their version of a jazz, pop and so on song.

I think that would be a way of coming closer to judging a good singer but maybe not.  I guess that would be subjective too, if I think about it.

Lately a lot of singers are singing other people's songs on their own album.  I've heard several versions on the radio.  It's always interesting to hear another singer sing a song I'm familiar with when it's been so popular, then hear it differently (phew, what a run on sentence....sorry).

Do any of you have any songs you can think of that have been sung (and sound differently by other singers)?  

I know Kanye West is a popular rap singer but I've heard him sing (really sing) and I think he sounds terrible.  My favorite guy is Eminem but he can't sing either (that I've heard).

There are a few rappers who actually can sing.  I guess it works both ways.  Like can you imagine Adele rapping?  Ha!

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

For me, there is no one that touches me like Adele.  What an artist.  Everyone has their own personal taste as to what is relevant to music, but Adele gets the job done for me.  Hello???

Hello from the other side. 

I must have called a thousand times!