Honored Contributor

Re: Adele named best singer?

Listen to Linda Ronstadt, Stevie Nicks, Lena Horne, Nina Simone, Billie Holliday, Ella Fitzgerald, Karen Carpenter, Alicia Keyes, Norah Jones and more recently Lady Gaga, and many others before that judgment is made.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

I love Adele.

She writes her own music, plays the piano and the voice is amazing. I always am impressed when someone can sing acapella as she can!

Total package. Total talent.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

It's totally subject; she might be the "best ever" to some people and unlistenble to other people. 

Esteemed Contributor

Adele is by far the best singer around today.  She doesn't need dancers hamming it up in the background,fireworks going off behind her.  She just gets up there and sings her heart out and it's wonderful.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

For me, there is no one that touches me like Adele.  What an artist.  Everyone has their own personal taste as to what is relevant to music, but Adele gets the job done for me.  Hello???

Hello from the other side. 

I must have called a thousand times!

At least I can say that I've tried...Haaaa!  You & I soooo get it!!  You made my night!

Esteemed Contributor

We saw her in concert a few years back, she was amazing.  Truly a talented artist.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MoJoV wrote:

Adele is by far the best singer around today.  She doesn't need dancers hamming it up in the background,fireworks going off behind her.  She just gets up there and sings her heart out and it's wonderful.

Or wear WEIRD outfits to attract attention like the meat costume Lady Gaga wore.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love music and have so many favorite female singers.  

Adele has some good songs, but I sometimes feel she sounds the same on many of them.   That song "Hello" has a nice melody, but why do all the stars of today have to yell when they sing?     

I took a liking for singers of the past from my parents.  They loved Sinatra, Judy Garland, Sarah Vaughn, Vicki Carr, Sammy Davis, Jr.    The list goes on.  So I'm spoiled.   

Personally, I think Lady Gaga is an exceptional singer and I enjoy her over Adele.   It's all a matter of taste and what is current.  But, the classics, you can't get better than those icons.

Esteemed Contributor

Personally, not a fan of the woman.

Esteemed Contributor

OP, who named her the best artist ?
Just wondering.