Honored Contributor

Reporter from school paper reported person in black (shooter) seen walking on campus....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Regular Contributor

You need some education. Gun deaths are not rare. And, this should not be the price we have to pay.

BBC News

372 mass shootings in the US in 2015, killing 475 people and wounding 1,870, according to the Mass Shooting Tracker, which catalogues such incidents. A mass shooting is defined as a single shooting incident which kills or injures four

School shootings: There were 64 school shootings in 2015, according to a dedicated campaign group set up in the wake of the Sandy Hook elementary school massacre in Connecticut in 2012. Those figures include occasions when a gun was fired but no-one was hurt.
All shootings: Some 13,286 people were killed in the US by firearms in 2015, according to the Gun Violence Archive, and 26,819 people were injured [those figures exclude suicide]. Those figures are likely to rise by several hundred, once incidents in the final.
60% were by firearm compared with 31% in Canada, 18.2% in Australia, and just 10% in the UK.

Sent from my iPad

Valued Contributor

Are we surprised?    It will keep happening and it will get worse.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

It used to be a celebratory event to send your child off to college......now I would be terrified to.

And with all of the lower level school shootings, not colleges, I think I would've opted for home schooling .

My heart goes out to the parents of school (or college) aged children these days, it has to be scary.

There are 350 million people in this country and handful of shootings like this a year....I think....our kids are safe...lol   Even if there were 1000 such shootings a year, the percentage of being caught in one would still be so low it wouldn't even register. 

Esteemed Contributor

@prisrob wrote:

You need some education. Gun deaths are not rare. And, this should not be the price we have to pay.

BBC News

372 mass shootings in the US in 2015, killing 475 people and wounding 1,870, according to the Mass Shooting Tracker, which catalogues such incidents. A mass shooting is defined as a single shooting incident which kills or injures four

School shootings: There were 64 school shootings in 2015, according to a dedicated campaign group set up in the wake of the Sandy Hook elementary school massacre in Connecticut in 2012. Those figures include occasions when a gun was fired but no-one was hurt.
All shootings: Some 13,286 people were killed in the US by firearms in 2015, according to the Gun Violence Archive, and 26,819 people were injured [those figures exclude suicide]. Those figures are likely to rise by several hundred, once incidents in the final.
60% were by firearm compared with 31% in Canada, 18.2% in Australia, and just 10% in the UK.

Sent from my iPad

And according to AAA, over the next 100 days and average of 10 traffic deaths per day will be caused by teenage drivers. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@prisrob wrote:

BBC News

Sent from my iPad

While I do not agree with gun violence I would not be giving any of those countries a slap on the back considering their rise in hate crimes. While they try to push them under the rug.

Honored Contributor

2 confirmed victims

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's never going to stop.  It's just the price we pay for gun ownership.  Legal guns and illegal guns.  It doesn't matter.  If someone wants to cause death and create mayhem; guns allow them to do it on a scale that a hammer or knife would not.  I just try to keep it all in perspective.  These shootings are not common, they extremely rare.

I guess it's easy to say when it's not your kids getting gunned down.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy - those stats scare me. My son is in drivers Ed.....and not by accident he starts a new job a block a way from our house......not driving anywhere yet.

Honored Contributor

The shooter was probably pushed by something he saw on his cell phone...just saying.