Respected Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

wow - i have had good experiences with customer service at AT&T.  i dumped Time Warner due to what i considered customer abuse.  i have yet to regret the switch. i do believe that less competition is bad, bad, bad for the consumer as competition encourages competitive pricing and good service.  

AT&T isn't buying Time Warner Cable - that compoany was spun off in 2009 and was recently bought by Charter.

AT&T is buying Time Warner Media - the networks, magazines, Warner Bros. Studios, all of the entertainment content providers.

i was responding to earlier comments about customer service at AT&T.   i am aware of which company is which - i am in financial services -   but i was speaking here only of customer service!

Super Contributor

Conglomerates like this should not have a place

Honored Contributor

And those of you with AT&T thought their customer service was lousy now...............

(and I know what I speak having switched my smart phone and TV viewing to a different company....)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

It will be like the Bell network once again

@cherry

Great point! Isn't it funny how it seems to have wound up where it all started from at one time...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

I believe Time Warner Cable is no longer part of Time Warner...it is a separate entity...but I don't have time to verify that.  TWC has been bought out by...Spectrum, I think.

Yes it was.  We have TimeWarner and got a letter about that quite awhile ago.  Maybe 3 months ago.

Honored Contributor

We have AT&T for our cell phones....  our office here is okay, people polite  etc.  We have Cable for TV (can't get local stations at all with or without an antenna)... and don't have a land-line.  I can live without TV, don't watch most of it even if I'm in the room, but can't live without the internet (which is another company out here and just upgraded), but all this is becoming an huge expensive racket IMHO....   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

(thread title)

@JaneMarple

Hey! If my long time employer has those billions of $$$, wonder if they might consider giving my pension a few bucks more? Retired in 1991 and my last, and only raise, was in 1994.

And Ole Judge Green broke up Ma Bell(Western Electric/NW Bell) in 1984 because he said it was a MONOPOLY?  

Wonder what joining AT&T a distributor, buying a supplier(Time Warner, which owns DirecTV). Considering that Time Warner owns-CNN/HBO/WB/TNT, If that ain' a MONOPOLY on Wireless Service/TV Service(DirecTV), for AT&T, since they are a BIG Cell Service. Now if that ain't the exact definition of a MONOPOLY, I wonder what would be?

From a long time employee and being promised a COL raise every 3 years, and received 1?  Signed papers mean nothing, they just changed their name to Lucent Technologies, then to Avaya. Poof, so much for those papers.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I had TWC for many years in the City because I had NO choice. Those who lived in apts had to use whatever company was in control in their geographical area, and most couldn't put dishes up without landlord consent - which wasn't always given.

They utterly sucked. They never GA* about service or the customer AT ALL, and all they did was routinely raise prices every year.

When ATT U-Verse came to my area I switched in a hot minute. I never had any problems with service or support and my price never went up because I was on a 2-yr contract. Now, ATT has announced they will no longer "do/have" U-Verse (whatever that means) and willonly use DirecTV.

A moot point for me, because where I now live in the country I have ONE choice - HughesNet - and their service and CS is 20 times worse (and worthless) than TWC ever was.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all