Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@GCR18 O/T

please tell me what your orange ribbon signifies, thank you. 

@MyGirlsMom 

It's actually supposed to be peach, but it was too light. LOL.  It represents uterine cancer.  I was feeling sentimental.  Nov 5, will be my one year anniversary from my last chemo treatment.  Last year I had stage 3 endometrial cancer.  Things are good now, in remission.

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18 Heart to you

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

Our cell phones are AT&T and we have directv, internet is provided by the local cable company.  We just got rid of our (Verizon) landline on Sept 1st. 

AT&T owns directv..

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Trusted Contributor

@Texussgal wrote:

Wow, they are buying up all the "little" cable providers.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I discovered that we are paying WELL over $300 a month for TV and phone.  I think that is waaay too much.  We don't have smartphones or iphones either.  And, we also do not have the package with a lot of TV stations either.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I feel that is really too high, especially since we are on a fixed income. 

@Texussgal  I would call them and talk about ways to reduce your bill.  Check around town for other providers, tell your company you will look for another, if they aren't willing to help with some reduction.

Trusted Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@GCR18 O/T

please tell me what your orange ribbon signifies, thank you. 

@MyGirlsMom 

It's actually supposed to be peach, but it was too light. LOL.  It represents uterine cancer.  I was feeling sentimental.  Nov 5, will be my one year anniversary from my last chemo treatment.  Last year I had stage 3 endometrial cancer.  Things are good now, in remission.

@GCR18  Good for you, cancer free.  God Bless!!

Honored Contributor

If this happens then AT&T will have a HUGE monopoly of just about all media not to mention other businesses which makes me feel uneasy.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

I believe Time Warner Cable is no longer part of Time Warner...it is a separate entity...but I don't have time to verify that.  TWC has been bought out by...Spectrum, I think.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Regular Contributor

I had uterine cancer when I was 25 and were no ribbons back then for any type of cancer.  It is so nice that there are these ribbons for things today.  BTW, congratulations on your 1 yr. anniversary.  I wish you nothing but good health!!! 

Respected Contributor

the Justice Dept should block this.  after all they objected to AT&T taking over a small telco a few years back due to competition concerns.  that was small potatoes in comparison to this.   yes, Justice should........let's see if they do.

Respected Contributor

@3suwm5 wrote:

@Texussgal wrote:

Wow, they are buying up all the "little" cable providers.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I discovered that we are paying WELL over $300 a month for TV and phone.  I think that is waaay too much.  We don't have smartphones or iphones either.  And, we also do not have the package with a lot of TV stations either.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I feel that is really too high, especially since we are on a fixed income. 

@Texussgal  I would call them and talk about ways to reduce your bill.  Check around town for other providers, tell your company you will look for another, if they aren't willing to help with some reduction.

Definitely. It's all about talking to them. In fact, if you can get to an office and talk in person, even better. Tell them you're on a fixed income and will have no choice but to purchase an antenna for your tv, or get rid of your landline, look for less expensive alternatives, etc. I'm betting they will respond by making an adjustment for you. I purchased an antenna for the tv in the bedroom to reduce costs.

I also spoke to my cell phone carrier and that has kept my cost down.