Honored Contributor

@sidsmom

I can testify that there are people out there that are impacted and I mean negatively impacted by the full moon.  Years ago, when I worked in IT and I first joined the department, I noticed the unit supervisor had a tendency to go from this

Image result for nice little old lady

to this

Image result for werewolf

The first couple of months I reported to her I was like WHUUUUUUT?  I thought, maybe I should have stayed in the audit division, rofl.

Then I went to a mariner's website and printed out a lunar calendar.  I studied this woman for another 6 months and finally determined the full moon flipped her out.

Every one of us that reported to her kept the annual mariner's calendar pinned to our wall - I made sure we all had one for the next year by the end of December.  After a couple of years, she said, where do you all get that calendar?  I said, I print them out, you want one?  My fellow team members nearly died laughing. 

We avoided many conflicts with that woman by following the lunar phases on that calendar.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama

Was her name by chance Kathy S****** ? One of my dreaded bosses from years ago!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Jacie

Her name was Kathy J-------, lol.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

Wow...that's amazing!  

#Documented

#OnTheRecord

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom

I'm 54 and short of Kathy, I have never seen another human being so badly affected by the full moon.  Personally I love the full moon.  I sleep like I am in a coma during the full moon.  It makes me relaxed and happy.

Kathy turned into a raving maniac.  A few days before, during, and a few days after, her team had a code.  If someone saw her first in the morning, the other would ask, how bad?  If she was on a roll the first person who saw her would made a snarling noise and raise our hand up and curl our fingers over.

Sort of like this, with a growling noise, rofl.

Image result for human impersonating werewolf

Valued Contributor

No, not at all.

Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately, yes.  I won't check out in aisle 13, put a hat on the table or bed, flip my caleandar over untl the month changes, open an umbrella in the house.  My mother did a lot of this when I was a child so I guess it kind of rubbed off on me.  I have to try harder to shake these superstitions, but I always falter.  

QVC Customer Care

Re: ARE YOU SUPERSTITIOUS?

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama

That is the funniest thing I have read in awhile!! Thanks so much for the laugh and sharing that with us...Beth QVC

PS the pics are perfect!!!!

Honored Contributor

Any Kathy's out there? Good...lol...maybe it comes with the name Kathy?Smiley Very Happy Just kidding...or Kathy S. got married and became Kathy J???Man Tongue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

As an adult, I am not, but I remember my maternal grandmother being very superstitious.  

Once a week, she washed her waist length hair, braided it, and wrapped the braid(s) securely around her head.   The hair that broke off was always knotted into a tight ball, and given to one of us grandkids to take outside and bury.   As little kids, we enjoyed grabbing the small shovel used for removing ashes in the wood stove, to dig the hole to bury Mamaw's hair, until we were old enough to realize we were doing it for a superstitious reason.   I will never forget the day one of us refused to do it, and my mom telling her mother the superstition had gone on long enough, as she walked to the wood stove and threw the hair in the fire.   Mamaw was horrified, but she got over it.   I was in my early 20's when Mamaw finally cut her hair very short.