Esteemed Contributor

Re: AOL: Was Camilla Behind William's and Kate's Breakup?

SO I guess Charles was supposed to be in love with Diana because she was so pretty and not love Camilla because she is not?  Rather shallow thinking isn't it?

Esteemed Contributor

I guess many of us read a lot of fairytales growing up and thought the handsome prince would fall in love and marry the fair maiden...whether she looked like Andre the Giant or Jennifer Anderson.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I thought Charles had no chance to be king anyway. I thought the queen had chosen William as her successor? Is that not so?

IT is not so.  CHarles will be king upon his mother's death. Various suggestions have been made that the Queen should skip over Charles in favor of William but that suggestion has no chance whatsoever of happening.

The Queen doesn't have to die for Charles to become King, she could abdicate her throne. Charles could also do likewise and then his son would be made King.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KathyPet wrote:

SO I guess Charles was supposed to be in love with Diana because she was so pretty and not love Camilla because she is not?  Rather shallow thinking isn't it?

@KathyPet

Pretty, not pretty, no matter to me.  

But, Charles was 32, when he proposed to Diana who was 19 & he had known Camilla for a very long time.  Why didn't he just wait and marry Camilla, surely he must have known his feelings; instead he actively persued Diana not vice versa.  

I'm romantic enough to think you're supposed to marry the one you love.  Though I know in the case of royal matches that is not always the case.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

@KathyPet

But, Charles was 32, when he proposed to Diana who was 19 & he had known Camilla for a very long time.  Why didn't he just wait and marry Camilla, surely he must have known his feelings; instead he actively persued Diana not vice versa.  

I'm romantic enough to think you're supposed to marry the one you love.  Though I know in the case of royal matches that is not always the case.

Charles was thinking about "heirs" to the throne, which was achieved...👱👱

Esteemed Contributor

@jackiejenny wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:
Spoiler

Kate is also pregnant with twin girls - or one baby - due in December.

Riiiight. Like she'd decide to travel to Canada, with two toddlers and a history of morning sickness, almost 7 mos pregnant - which of course wouldn't show at all.

I give about as much credence to most of the Royal Family gossip as I do to Elvis being alive, including this latest.

I think Camilla is probably neither too intelligent nor a kind & generous person, and loves the sauce, let's just say, but the really outlandish tabloid kwap reflects more on who buys it wholesale than anything else.

Loves the sauce~~~Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

---------------------------

And always served beautifully in an expensive, vintage 

china teacup!!!

Honored Contributor

Fiction....it clearly says the book is fiction.

Honored Contributor

Now why should we let a little ficiton get in the way...of a good piece of gossip?Woman Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

@KathyPet

Camilla was married with nearly-grown kids of her own and  definitely too long in the tooth to have several more babies.

It was All About An Heir for Charles. And he still came from that generation, and a long line of Royals, who thought one married who one had to in order to keep The Line going while shagging whoever one wanted to on the side with no repercussions. The wives were all supposed to "understand" and not make a fuss.

I'm betting Charles thought of Diana as a naive, easily managed and controlled womb and really nothing more. I doubt he ever thought of her as much more than a necessary PIT*.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Regular Contributor

These three need to just 'step down' and let Wm and Kate have the thrown.   Period!

Image result for animated of camilla parker