Honored Contributor

Re: AOL: Was Camilla Behind William's and Kate's Breakup?

@BalletBabe wrote:

There was a show about Kate and William when they were dating.  She tried to break them up before the wedding not after.  I think Kate and William did break up for awhile while dating but not sure why.  THat is what I heard anyway. 

Camilla is supposed to be a witch.  I will never understand what Charles ever saw in her, but then again he is no Romeo either!

True on both points.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I thought unless it can be proven he is mentally impaired, Charles will be the next king of England.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

There was a show about Kate and William when they were dating.  She tried to break them up before the wedding not after.  I think Kate and William did break up for awhile while dating but not sure why.  THat is what I heard anyway. 

Camilla is supposed to be a witch.  I will never understand what Charles ever saw in her, but then again he is no Romeo either!

There are parallels to the Duke & Duchess of Windsor -

Male royal potty for "inappropriate" woman (in Charles'case because he was already married). Neither royal the brightest bulb but they wanted their way. Neither woman really wanted either of them, but there ARE those perks. Hard for the ladies to pass on those perks, so they put on their Big Girl undies and said "I do" only to start finding out some of the Cons.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

I thought unless it can be proven he is mentally impaired, Charles will be the next king of England.

Queen Elizabeth II is the present sovereign and her heir apparent is her eldest son, Charles, Prince of Wales. Next in line after him is Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, the Prince of Wales's elder son. Third in line is Prince George of Cambridge, the son of the Duke of Cambridge, followed by his sister, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge. Fifth in line is Prince Henry of Wales, the younger son of the Prince of Wales. The first four individuals in the line of succession who are twenty-one years or older, and the sovereign's consort, may be appointed Counsellors of State. Counsellors of State perform some of the sovereign's duties in the United Kingdom while he or she is out of the country or temporarily incapacitated. Otherwise, individuals in the line of succession need not have specific legal or official duties (though members of the royal family often do).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succession_to_the_British_throne

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Imadickens wrote:

@SydneyH  I suppose it depends on what you find interesting!  Personally, I could never be even remotely interested in an ugly old coot who broke up even a pretend marriage that included two young boys. Yes, I've heard the stories about Diana's reported affairs, but frankly, I find Prince Charles and his little love bird totally disgusting! If they did or said even 1% of what has been reported, I can't understand why they would ever show their faces in public!  That hideous man was married to the world's most beautiful woman and he carried on phone s*x with that ugly hag even before Diana's wedding! What a stupid, stupid man! It's becoming more obvious that "mommy dearest" doesn't care who he marries as he will never be king! That poor old women's personal hygiene product, I mean, that poor old poor man! If only one could feel sorry for him! Maybe after my hysterical laughing subsides!

Looks aren't everything, perhaps he tired of being married to a clearly disturbed woman, Charles and Camilla seem to be happy and enjoy a good relationship with his sons.  Why that offends some, I don't quite get, shrugs.

Esteemed Contributor

Camilla is an alcoholic

Diana was bulimic

The common denominator is Charles. He's hardly a Prince Charming, especially when he wanted to be a feminine hygiene product. Ugh! 

*shakes head*

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@Imadickens wrote:

@SydneyH  I suppose it depends on what you find interesting!  Personally, I could never be even remotely interested in an ugly old coot who broke up even a pretend marriage that included two young boys. Yes, I've heard the stories about Diana's reported affairs, but frankly, I find Prince Charles and his little love bird totally disgusting! If they did or said even 1% of what has been reported, I can't understand why they would ever show their faces in public!  That hideous man was married to the world's most beautiful woman and he carried on phone s*x with that ugly hag even before Diana's wedding! What a stupid, stupid man! It's becoming more obvious that "mommy dearest" doesn't care who he marries as he will never be king! That poor old women's personal hygiene product, I mean, that poor old poor man! If only one could feel sorry for him! Maybe after my hysterical laughing subsides!

Looks aren't everything, perhaps he tired of being married to a clearly disturbed woman, Charles and Camilla seem to be happy and enjoy a good relationship with his sons.  Why that offends some, I don't quite get, shrugs.

Of course looks are not everything, but character certainly should be.  Something he apparently sorely lacked.  If I'm not mistaken, he consorted with Camilla before and during the marriage.  As for the Diana's being a disturbed woman, she was practically a child when she married him and if she was disturbed, one could look to him as one of the sources of said disturbance.  (Tosses hair!)

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tosses hair while applauding

*swish * swish

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@Imadickens wrote:

@SydneyH   The Royals will always be fodder for gossip and unfounded "facts".

I don't think anyone would approve of his affair, but he DID date Camilla before Camilla married and Charles married Diana.

The marriage of Charles and Diana was arranged and Diana, while I don't believe was "disturbed", simply was not old enough and mature enough to handle the duties expected of her.

Charles and Camilla were both guilty of adultery but today they are happy and living with their respective loves.     It happens.  Just because they are royals doesn't mean that they can't be with the ones they truly love.

Yes, his hygiene product remark is wrong on many levels but I also can't see beating on them all the time.

What's done is done.  Diana's bulimia was a known fact but only Camilla can call herself an "alcoholic". Nobody else can tag her with that label.

Diana wasn't bulimic because of Charles; he factored into her unhappiness but he wasn't the cause.   Neither is he the cause of Camilla's drinking, if indeed there is a problem there.

Personally, as much as I like to see Prince George and Princess Charlotte they are all still just people, warts and all.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I thought Charles had no chance to be king anyway. I thought the queen had chosen William as her successor? Is that not so?

IT is not so.  CHarles will be king upon his mother's death. Various suggestions have been made that the Queen should skip over Charles in favor of William but that suggestion has no chance whatsoever of happening.