Honored Contributor

ANYONE MISSING THE INCANDESCENT LIGHT BULB?

I can't stand the new bulbs. They make my kitchen so dark and they do not last. I'm not saving energy, either. I have to use more lights just to see. The compact fluorescents emit an ugly light and the bulbs are ugly. How come no one else is complaining. 

Valued Contributor

Re: ANYONE MISSING THE INCANDESCENT LIGHT BULB?

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I can't stand the new bulbs. They make my kitchen so dark and they do not last. I'm not saving energy, either. I have to use more lights just to see. The compact fluorescents emit an ugly light and the bulbs are ugly. How come no one else is complaining. 

Why don't you buy the warm glow led bulbs? 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Super Contributor

I miss them, also. I have found them online. Amazon sells them. I am not familiar with a warm LED bulb, what is that exactly?

Honored Contributor

I am not complaining because right before they went out of fashion, I went to BJ's.  I purchased 2 cases of 100w & 350w incandescent light bulbs.  That should last me for the next 1000 yrs. giggle.gif

The store manager told me I wasn't the only one buying cases.  The cases were flying out the store like hot cakes.

You are correct, the newer ones are very dim, no matter how long you keep them on.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Apple Crisp wrote:

I miss them, also. I have found them online. Amazon sells them. I am not familiar with a warm LED bulb, what is that exactly?

Here are a few links to the Philips brand led warm glow. They are expensive but they are supposed to last a long time. Home Depot has a rebate offer right now and I'm pretty sure HD will provide a refund if they fail before the warranty expires. 

http://www.usa.philips.com/c-m-li/warm-glow-dimmable-led-lighting

http://www.usa.philips.com/e/led-lighting/warm-white-led-lighting.html

ETA I found the link to the rebate

http://www.usa.philips.com/legacy/content/dam/USA/philips-lighting/Philips_Save_Now_Save_Later_2015....

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

They claim these bulbs will last for years but I've found they last no longer than an incandescent bulb.  We really had these bulbs forced on us and I can't figure out why.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

YES !

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

I miss them too! I need to experiment more with the led ones I guess. I still have some incandescents around and use them in a couple of lamps.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They claim these bulbs will last for years but I've found they last no longer than an incandescent bulb.  We really had these bulbs forced on us and I can't figure out why.

I tried the compact flourescent bulbs, too. They didn't last very long, and not only that, but they bothered my eyes. My eyes are more sensitive to light due to medication that I take.