Honored Contributor

Re: AM I THE ONLY ONE, BUT HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT THE

I haven't noticed that on either of our tv's.

Honored Contributor

You are NOT the only one. Happens to me too.  But - it might be your cable or Dish provider rather than QVC. I noted long ago that certain channel NUMBERS were louder than others, i.e. 200-250 might be way louder in general than 50-100, for example. I assume it has to do with signal in some way.

But yes it's very annoying. I often have to turn QVC down to a level where, when I change the channel it's almost mute on other stations.

I too thought that was supposed to be forbidden for commercials. Maybe it is ONLY for commercials and not "programs." ??

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Not here.  I watch it over the air (antenna just as it is broadcast from the studio).  You might want to cntact your cable provider to see if it is getting boosted at that point.

Honored Contributor

I noticed my volume is louder on the Beauty iQ channel. Some commercials on the other channels seem louder when those are aired, too.

On my tv there is a setting where you can set the volume to be equal on all channels so you don't have one louder than the others. But this setting does'nt seem to do much. 

Honored Contributor

We still have that on some commercials.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs  No.  perhaps it is your cable box.  We had a lot of ups and downs with one TV.....when we got a new cable box it was fixed.  I thought it was the TV at first....but no, it was the cable box.  We had the problem on that TV with several channels. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I noticed my volume is louder on the Beauty iQ channel. Some commercials on the other channels seem louder when those are aired, too.

On my tv there is a setting where you can set the volume to be equal on all channels so you don't have one louder than the others. But this setting does'nt seem to do much. 

I had mine set with a different cable company and different set in the city (vs now) and it never made amy difference; it was a useless setting for that (the commercials) purpose IMO.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Not on my TV. I just checked.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs...yes, several years ago I noticed the volume was very different than other channels.  I called the cable company and it was a fix on their end...you might call you cable company and ask if there is something theyc an do.

Esteemed Contributor

Hate teaser posts.