Honored Contributor

I really find Vionic helpful-actually a Godsend for the over-pronation I have...........

Has anyone tried and love Alegria for over-pronation?

I ordered the shiny black.......I'm hoping.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

I have such pronation that I've had surgery for it.  I can't wear Vionics.  That high, hard arch is too much for me.  I have over a dozen pairs of Alegrias and find them supremely comfortable.  I feel better all over when I wear them.  I'm also constantly getting compliments on them which surprises me.  Was approached by a woman at the grocery store today who wanted the brand name of my shoes.

I must also say a word about the quality and workmanship on these shoes.  Much, much better than Vionics.  I can see these shoes lasting a lifetime.

I notice the sizing is a little different on the TSV.  Hope mine fit!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I have tried Vionics, and I can't wear them either, they hurt my arch. I have had very good luck with Alegeria, I have 5 pair of them, and I love the way I feel, and my operated feet love them too.  I suggest you try them. 

Honored Contributor

I have tried to wear Vionic , but their sizing doesn't fit my foot and the arch is way to pronounced for comfort. Love Alegria, but don't care for the MJ style so no tsv for me.

Respected Contributor

I've tried two pairs of Vionics (neither from QVC).  One, a dressy flat, didn't fit at all in my usual size and I returned it.  The other--a cute pr of red stubby-toed mocs in my usual size--are more comfortable than my Saucony sneakers!  (I do have a very high arched foot--maybe that makes a different with the Vionics sole.)  I guess it is like all brands of shoes--some styles work and some not.

I haven't tried the other brand.

Honored Contributor

I am still trying to get adjusted to a pair of Vionic thong sandals I purchased a year and a half ago!   I like them; they are comfortable when I first put them on, but I still can't wear them all day.   My Alegria sandals are extremely comfortable and have been wearable since I took them out of the box.  I have accepted that Vionics are not for me, but do see more Alegria shoes in my future.  

Honored Contributor

Re: ALEGRIA VS. VIONIC

[ Edited ]

@catlover wrote:

I really find Vionic helpful-actually a Godsend for the over-pronation I have...........

Has anyone tried and love Alegria for over-pronation?

I ordered the shiny black.......I'm hoping.

I have the black in the Paloma style.  I wear a 39 in Alegria, a 39  or 8 in Vionic and an 8 in most shoes US sizing.  I love my black paloma  The paloma style is very similar to this TSV style.  They are cute!  Enjoy!

I have these!

http://www.shoes.com/womens-alegria-paloma-charcoal-patent-p2_id273748?adtrack=gpa&term=Women%2527s+...

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

have never tried alegria before, but i dont care for the look of this tsv so it was an easy pass for me. i LOVE the vionics i have (slippers and sandals) and i am lucky that they feel comfortable for me straight out of the box. i really want to try a vionic shoe or boot now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have such pronation that I've had surgery for it.  I can't wear Vionics.  That high, hard arch is too much for me.  I have over a dozen pairs of Alegrias and find them supremely comfortable.  I feel better all over when I wear them.  I'm also constantly getting compliments on them which surprises me.  Was approached by a woman at the grocery store today who wanted the brand name of my shoes.

I must also say a word about the quality and workmanship on these shoes.  Much, much better than Vionics.  I can see these shoes lasting a lifetime.

I notice the sizing is a little different on the TSV.  Hope mine fit!

I have over pronation and I agree.  For me, Vionics were terribly uncomfortable but Alegrias were great.  Plus the shoes are very pretty and well finished; the footbed is finished with nice top stitching on sandals and the shoes are very stylish with nice decorative closures.  Just a superior product all around.  

Honored Contributor

I have at least 7 pairs.  Prior to retirement in June, I was on my arthritic feet a lot, walking and going up and down stairs.  These are very comfortable and add height to my 5 ft. frame.  I have clog, Mary Jane and sandal styles.  Everyone complimented those shoes.

I wish they'd show how to remove the orthotic.  My sand colored first pair is dirty and I tried getting it out to wash but couldn't.  About 7 years old so I guess it's time to throw it away, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)