Esteemed Contributor

A shocking T Shirt available on Zulilly!

i just received a e mail from Zulilly advertising a kids T shirt available in size 2T to 10 from a company called Urban.  It is a grey tank top and imprinted on the front is says "Sun's out Guns out"in yellow letters.  I am shocked and disgusted that they would sell a kids t shirt with this message on it.

Respected Contributor

Re: A shocking T Shirt available on Zulilly!

@KathyPet wrote:

i just received a e mail from Zulilly advertising a kids T shirt available in size 2T to 10 from a company called Urban.  It is a grey tank top and imprinted on the front is says "Sun's out Guns out"in yellow letters.  I am shocked and disgusted that they would sell a kids t shirt with this message on it.

I think guns out refers to the upper arms (biceps and triceps).  There's another saying "sun's out, buns out" that the Daily Mail uses sometimes when running photos of celebrities who post their bare behinds on social media.  UGH!

Honored Contributor

They may mean their arms/muscles.  Not really guns.  I've seen this shirt forever in boardwalk shops and that's what I thought.

Super Contributor

Just checking:  you do know that's slang for arm muscles?

Honored Contributor

"Guns" refers to your arms...as in the kind attached to your body.  So the tee is a sleeveless one for suntanning.

Respected Contributor

Even if the intended meaning of "guns" in this case are the arms/biceps, it is a very ill-advised message to have on a child's tee shirt.  Children only know one definition of guns unless the other slang definition is pointed out to them.  I hope they remove the product.

Honored Contributor

Send an email to their CS complaining about it.  They're very receptive to customer concerns.

They have been advertising $20 silver plated bracelets as "sterling".  I contacted them and eventually got them to understand what sterling is and that they're falsely advertising it.  I haven seen that advertising since.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

Even if the intended meaning of "guns" in this case are the arms/biceps, it is a very ill-advised message to have on a child's tee shirt.  Children only know one definition of guns unless the other slang definition is pointed out to them.  I hope they remove the product.

I find the gun culture obscene, but I do know that kids know that guns also refer to their biceps. "Gun show" to the young ones, now refers to other young ones who parade around in shirts that highlight their muscled arms.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Respected Contributor

Image result for forrest gump gif everyone's offended

Respected Contributor

5245.jpg

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____