Esteemed Contributor

A question for Comcast customers

We moved 8 days ago so had to have our Comcast hooked up in our new place.  This included turning in our silver remote for a new black one.

Having this new black remote means that we've been upgraded to Comcast's newly configured "program guide" which you can reference on-screen as previously.  I find this new configuration difficult to read in the extreme, as the background is black, the program one scrolls to is blue and the font is really small.  Additionally, I cannot read the program summary any longer - my eyes aren't THAT bad.  And, we've lost the ability to continue to watch the program we've tuned into in the upper right hand corner: that window is now gone.

The old configuration was just great!  I don't understand why they've done this.

Do all of you Comcast customers also have black program guides with blue letters and white letters in very small font?  Just curious as to whether this is a regional thing or not.  (We're Pacific Northwest.)

Thanks in advance.

Respected Contributor

Re: A question for Comcast customers

[ Edited ]

Hi, I do not have the black remote that you describe so I don't know if it's regional or not.  There are a couple of things you might try & if they don't work I think you should call their CS to help you.

First, if there's a "Help" button, hit it & select the "Set up remote option" then select the one that's yours.  Or, try the "Videos" option for video info.  Hope this helps.

I'm in CO

Valued Contributor

I thought it was just me with bad eyes and a small TV! My husband dominates the big TV downstairs but our taste in programming is vastly different. So I've been sent to my room! 

The new X-1 platform comes with the black remote. I don't like the color for the kyron easy to read at all! I end up keeping my iPad close by and if it's something really important I look on there. I love how we can record multiple programs at the same time.  But they need to make the descriptions and other info easier to read!

Honored Contributor

I really like the new voice function to find shows.  I'm amazed how well it recognizes our voices.

Esteemed Contributor

This is a link to Comcast cables boxes. You maybe able to find a user manual for your set top box.

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/cable-box-user-manuals

You may want to post your problem on this Comcast TV forum.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/tvcomcast

Esteemed Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

Hi, I do not have the black remote that you describe so I don't know if it's regional or not.  There are a couple of things you might try & if they don't work I think you should call their CS to help you.

First, if there's a "Help" button, hit it & select the "Set up remote option" then select the one that's yours.  Or, try the "Videos" option for video info.  Hope this helps.

I'm in CO

@

@VCamp2748 wrote:

I'm in CO

@DoneTryin

A-Ha!  Yes, there is a Help button.  (It's the "A" button.)  I'm going to have my husband give this a go, as he's way more tech savvy than I am.  If you need stitches, I can help. But, if it's tech, need to go to him.  LOL!

Thanks!  Will see what we get.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gemspirit wrote:

I thought it was just me with bad eyes and a small TV! My husband dominates the big TV downstairs but our taste in programming is vastly different. So I've been sent to my room! 

The new X-1 platform comes with the black remote. I don't like the color for the kyron easy to read at all! I end up keeping my iPad close by and if it's something really important I look on there. I love how we can record multiple programs at the same time.  But they need to make the descriptions and other info easier to read!

@Gemspirit

I'm so glad to read this!!!  I have a Kindle Fire, so will start to "appropriate" my husband's tablet.  What a good idea!  Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I really like the new voice function to find shows.  I'm amazed how well it recognizes our voices.

@tansy

I had no clue this thing is voice-enabled.  We just got it, so must go on-line and check out the manual.  Thanks for this heads-up.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

This is a link to Comcast cables boxes. You maybe able to find a user manual for your set top box.

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/cable-box-user-manuals

You may want to post your problem on this Comcast TV forum.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/tvcomcast

@Nuttmeg

Wow, Nutmeg, thanks so much.  We haven't had a minue to rub two sticks together, except when I'm on here (bad on me).  Still unpacking, etc., so this information is very, very welcome.  Thanks, again.

Respected Contributor

Also, if you have On Demand, go to Help & Services.  Info on X1 there.  I tried to open it but can't because I don't have HD (& obviously I don't have X1)