Esteemed Contributor

Re: A product used in a unintended way

Vinger and water soak a towel and put on forehead for headache relief.  Plain Epsom salt in bath water for sore Muscles.  Use to do this after and eight mile run.  Now for arthritis.  

Trusted Contributor

I bought a retractable backscratcher at Wal-Mart – around $3.00 (they carry them at hardware stores & some dollar stores, too). While it is a great backscratcher, it has served me best as a handy tool to help me reach those items on the top shelf or way in the back of the shelves that I often want but cannot reach because I am short. I carry that tool with me in my purse and when I whip it out & extend it to pull those items off the shelf, all the short ladies want to know where I got it. It is so handy!

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Somewhere on TV I recently saw this idea:  Use those large binder clips to hang your frozen vegetables in your freezer.  Clip them onto the wire racks, and hang them upright, if your freezer has wire racks/shelves.  ('Well,I don't know'.........it sounded good at the time.......lol.)

@ROMARY

This would be a good idea for utilizing all the "blank" space in the freezer and I think it would be easy to spot the particular bag of froz veggies you need.  I hate all the stacked bags falling over...I'm going to give it a try (since I have more binder clips than I know what to do with LOL).

P.S. to all:   I also save the clippy thingies that are at the end of store bought balloons to weigh them down.  I have a clippy thingie fetish!!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Regular Contributor

I can't remember where I saw this tip, but it sure has been great for me!

I bought 2 packs of some inexpensive plastic shower curtain rings.

I slipped them over the bottom of a hanger. Now I use those rings to hang my cami's and scarves on. Just slip the cami straps or the scarves into the opening of the curtain ring.

87b6c2aaf7d8286763191c73ddcac544.jpg

Respected Contributor

Cheap, plastic forks make great back scratchers.  Feels just like finger nails.  In this case cheap is better.

Esteemed Contributor

@JuLee

Would be great for scarves, too!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Even though I've been taking notes, looks as though I'm going to occasionally print out these great ideas and tips!  This is the BEST thread!  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

New York magazine to kill flies!!! Work like a charm.

Trusted Contributor

I so love tips....thank you for starting this thread and I toss away my foan bottle also.  I did not know what to do.  I had added regular soap but it was too thick, I should have thought to add distilled water. 

Respected Contributor

And seriously, bay leaf (dry) to repell those small ants that sometimes appear.