Honored Contributor

Re: A product used in a unintended way

Love reading the fun and practical ideas!  Smiley Happy

But - my warped mind seemed to go right to the scene in SATC when Miranda's sports doctor boyfriend cut a tampon in half to put each half in each of Steve's nostrils, when he hit his face on the door (or something) after walking in on them having s*x.   One side had the string hanging out of his nose and it was HILARIOUS.

Ok - sorry.  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I use:

1.  Toothpaste (whatever is on sale) and old toothbrush to clean my jewelry.

2.  Suave shampoo as bubble bath and to do hand laundry  (excellent in removing makeup).  It's wonderful on hand washable woolens ... followed by a bit of hair conditioner in the rinse.

3.  Eye shadow makes the perfect eyebrow makeup - brushed on the eyebrow, not on the skin

I just thought of another one ....

4.  You know those "quick shine" sponge things they sell for shoes ... they are great on leather coats, jackets and bags ... in addition to your shoes. It gives everything a nice sheen and softens the leather.

AND ... I also use them on my faux leather.  

Another one I completely forgot about until this morning as I was using it!

5.  I dye my eyebrows with Just For Men Beard and Mustache Dye!

Respected Contributor

When I buy a large plant for the outside and want to display it in a nice container,  instead of transplanting it and filling the container with soil,  I put flower pots inside, upside down, and put the plant on the top flower pots.   It normally takes 1 or two pots and you just balance the plant for display on top.  I try to match it up so the tops are almost level.  If your plant is fairly full, you won't even be able to see into the container, you'll just see the beautiful plant in the pot.

That way I don't have to buy bags of potting soil.

Honored Contributor

I use powdered red pepper or cayenne pepper to deter slugs,ants and it seems to be keeping raccoons away too.

Honored Contributor

@Imadickens wrote:

Does anyone know if dark black coffee would stain hair (cover the grey)? It stains everything else! I hate putting chemicals all over my head so often, but my grey is hideous!

@Imadickens,

I've heard of using black tea to cover gray hair. Also a mixture of sage and rosemary together. 

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I was reading how someone used gel toothpaste to wash their hands because there was no soap left.Apparently it went well so I got to wondering about all the other ways you ingenious people are using your stuff.I have been reusing a soap foamer hand soap container.I put in a ltablespoon of bath gel(have way too many) and fill with water....works great.So what new creative things are happening in your house?

@dex  I do the same thing with the foaming hand soap  containers.  I have several and the brand I use offers 64oz refills so I always have of those at the ready.

At the holidays they will come out with a seasonal scent and I will buy one or two but no refills are offered for those.  But I still keep the containers and use them if the other pumps wear out.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Imadickens wrote:

Does anyone know if dark black coffee would stain hair (cover the grey)? It stains everything else! I hate putting chemicals all over my head so often, but my grey is hideous!

@Imadickens,

I've heard of using black tea to cover gray hair. Also a mixture of sage and rosemary together. 

Sorry to sound dumb, but... How would I use the sage and rosemary mixture? I also would appreciate knowing if anyone has used the black tea! How long does it sit on hair and does it wash out with every shampoo? It sounds great, I'd just like to be prepared!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@Imadickens wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Imadickens wrote:

@Imadickens,

Sorry to sound dumb, but... How would I use the sage and rosemary mixture? I also would appreciate knowing if anyone has used the black tea! How long does it sit on hair and does it wash out with every shampoo? It sounds great, I'd just like to be prepared!

@Imadickens,

I have not tried either of these methods. While searching for things to naturally lighten dark hair, I ran across several vids on youtube about how to darken gray hair. Seems all natural methods are temporary and usually last a week. Sounds like more work than it's worth. But check youtube for the topics mentioned. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Esteemed Contributor

Jumbo binder clips make the best bag clips!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

@ SilleeMee I appreciate the idea! I will see what I can find out about this and any others!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.