Trusted Contributor

Re: A product used in a unintended way

This is so lovely.  Now to find the marbles in this color you have shown without spending a lot of money.  Love it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have used catsup as a brass and copper cleaner.  Soak the item in catsup for at least an hour, wash, rinse and dry.  Then stand back and admire your work.

Just remembered another one:

A dab of plain toothpaste (not gel) on an angry pimple overnight will tame the redness.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

Old Nylons make great candle dusters/polishers. Nice and new looking again. Also toothpaste has so many uses as said before. Nice to re-purpose and save a bundle at the same time.

Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

This is so lovely.  Now to find the marbles in this color you have shown without spending a lot of money.  Love it.

@DowntonAbbey,

Thank you for the compliment.Woman Happy May I suggest going to the craft section of your store and you might find decorative glass stones there. Get creative! Get them in different colors and change it with the seasons or mix the different colors together!Woman Happy I put green and red ones in a clear glass for Christmas then stuck some candy canes in them. It was very cute.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the ideas.  I will be looking.

Esteemed Contributor

@Stormygirl

I use old socks...stick my hand in and dust away!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I believe that I've seen colored marbles in various dollar stores.  You might want to check out the D*llar Tre* website, so you won't waste time driving to and looking for them, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I use microfiber cloths as lint catchers in the dryer.They have been great if someone left a Kleenex in their pocket.i keep a new one for this purpose and when it's fibers become plugged with lint I just use it as a rag for messy cleaning.

Honored Contributor

Re: The poster who is looking for marbles:  I was in a local D*llar Tr*e store this afternoon.  If I'm correct, I do believe that they had bundles of clear (not opaque) marbles.  At least, they looked like round marbles (not the flat bottomed ones, which they also had).  I couldn't get too close to the shelf because they had high stacks of heavy, unopened boxes of items temporarily stacked in front of the shelves in that aisle.  Visiting their website would be helpful, just to see if they indeed carry round marbles. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here are a few other things I do:

1.  Cut off the leg of an old pair of pantyhose.  Cut strips at the top and tie to the washing machine rinse hose in the utility sink.  Surprising how much debris is in that water,  Easy to change when it gets full.

2.  I never put my fingers in creams in jars.  I don't want the natural oils on my fingers to mix with the product.  So these are some things I use instead: tip of a plastic knife (easy to wash and reuse); plastic straws, cut into segments; or toothpicks.