Respected Contributor

Re: A lovely skirt for upcoming holiday events and dinners

@sunala 

I agree.   I think you have to be very tall and very thin to wear this skirt.  It is pretty.

Trusted Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@crawford5153 wrote:

I am tall and not so sure a 32 inch would work for me but love the detail.

https://www.qvc.com/Joan-Rivers-Petite-Glamorous-Plaid-Midi-Skirt.product.A307368.html?cm_mmc=Displa...

@crawford5153   You do know there is a regular but the one you are looking at, 32 inches, is a petit.  https://www.qvc.com/Joan-Rivers-Regular-Glamorous-Plaid-Midi-Skirt.product.A307367.html  This is the same skirt in regular.

Wow thanks; I overlooked it completely!  I love the burgunday color the best I believe.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @crawford5153 !  I bought the Joan Rivers maxi skirt in plaid and have worn it for the last two Christmases (Mass and dinner).  Mine is the red Plaid and I tamed the pleats at the waist with a velour turtleneck and looked fabulous or so I was told.  LOL!  I’m 5’5” and bought the Petite in that skirt if it helps at all.  

I love over this one in the midi but don’t have enough functions to justify another.

Respected Contributor

I also bought this lovely Joan Rivers plaid skirt in the burgundy two years ago in the regular size, and if fact, wrote the very first review.

The burgundy has very pretty gold shimmer stripes and it is quite festive.  

The skirt is very full so it looks the same on everybody, skinny or not.

It is a nice dependable choice for holiday activities.

Respected Contributor

I rarely wear skirts longer than the top of my knee, but I love this one in burgundy. I don't do "holiday dressing" though - if I buy an item of clothing, it needs to fit into my wardrobe for more than that and I'm not sure I'd have sufficient occasions to wear it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

The skirt is lovely.

But PLEASE forgive me - can't hear holiday skirt without thinking of Bernice's Christmas tree skirt on "Designing Women":

Related image

Denise
Honored Contributor

looks rather 80's to me...but it might look good on someone who is rail thin, otherwise the pleats just add pounds....I don't require those!

Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

The skirt is lovely.

But PLEASE forgive me - can't hear holiday skirt without thinking of Bernice's Christmas tree skirt on "Designing Women":

Related image

@denisemb- hahahahahahaha!!!!

Anything Bernice said or did was a riot! I miss that show very much. So many laughs!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett