Honored Contributor

Re: A guy spends $30,000 to be at Superbowl...

[ Edited ]

Yes...this would be grounds for divorce at my house.....Perhaps they are wealthy and 30 grand is peanuts to them.....it is all relevant.

Honored Contributor

If he can afford 30 grand for a ballgame......they probably also have a pre-nup.................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

This is just one of the ever-increasing excesses surrounding the Super Bowl. My husband went to Super Bowl 3 in Florida, having gotten tickets at the last minute for very little money. I understand that those days are gone but watching all the hoopla for awhile, I found it obscene. I'm not talking about the entertainers' costumes but rather the  wildly out-of-control, over-the-top spectacle. I just found it repulsive and quickly turned on Downton Abbey. Ironically, it struck me that the lifestyle portrayed there was also over-the-top. They lived such a lavish life while others were starving. I guess times haven't changed all that much.

Honored Contributor

I just deleted my previous reply because I re-read that he never told his wife.

I really think any large expenditures should be discussed between the two parties involved. However, if they have the money and can afford it, life is short. People have different priorities.

Esteemed Contributor

At least he didn't give his money to Bernie.  He'd be sitting in the bleachers instead of a box seat......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

This is just one of the ever-increasing excesses surrounding the Super Bowl. My husband went to Super Bowl 3 in Florida, having gotten tickets at the last minute for very little money. I understand that those days are gone but watching all the hoopla for awhile, I found it obscene. I'm not talking about the entertainers' costumes but rather the  wildly out-of-control, over-the-top spectacle. I just found it repulsive and quickly turned on Downton Abbey. Ironically, it struck me that the lifestyle portrayed there was also over-the-top. They lived such a lavish life while others were starving. I guess times haven't changed all that much.

Shoekitty said

England has a class system.  It has always been that way. There is no way to escape it either.   You are born into it, or not.  It is also a fact that during the wars, especially WWII, the wealthy owning large homes and "castles" were required, or "nicely asked" to loan their property or rooms for orphans, families fleeing London and the coast (bombing). Many were made into hospitals and sanitoriums.  it is also known that many people in England today are Castle rich, cash poor. LOL.   Appearances aren't always what they appear.  I do have to say, those that have lots of money especially old money, (whether here or abroad) pracice the life of "noblisse oblige".  I probably spelled that wrong.  Think of the Vanderbuilts, Kennedys, Rockerfellers, Pulitzers, etc.  They spend millions on charities and foundations.  Or, they spend their life from generation to generation raising money for charities.  That is an art in itself.  I wouldn't be so hard on the rich.  They donate and raise money..even if it is just enough for tax purposes

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldnt pay 30 cents to go to the Superbowl, but hey thats just me. lol..

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

Who knows if he can afford it nor not. What does he do for a living? Does he owe on his credit cards? Does he have a college plan for his kids, a retirement acct. set up and a plan in force, an emergency acct., etc.? Or is he using money that really should go toward those important things?

Is that anyone here's business?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't worry about or care how others spend their own money. I hope he had fun!