Honored Contributor

A guy spends $30,000 to be at Superbowl...

[ Edited ]

and is hoping his wife doesn't find out...

OK...SERIOUSLY? dahblink.gif

Well, I suppose it's possible if she lives in a cave without wifi/internet access...

He certainly isn't the brightest bulb in the box...

At least for him, on the up-side, at least his team won and he was able to do what he wanted. I'm sure it would have been a REAL downer if he spent all that money and his team lost...and THEN having to deal with the his wife's reaction down the road....

Gotta look at the glass half full so to speak...LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: A guy spends $30,000 to be at Superbowl...

Especially if his team didn't win!

Honored Contributor

It wasn't my money, so I'm okay with it.  His wife might not like the idea but I'm pretty sure he could afford it. 

Honored Contributor

Is the guy in question wealthy enough that an expenditure of $30,000 for a day of entertainment is considered a 'drop in the bucket'?  If so, his wife may not even care. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

His wife will find out when she sees his picture all over the news.  It sounded like she went too.  In his interview he said he bought four tickets to take his family.  I don't know, but I bet he emptied their savings account.

Esteemed Contributor

Really none of my business.  This is between him and his wife.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

A sad commentary on what's important to Americans today. I would never be happy or able to enjoy something like that when so many people in this country and elsewhere are suffering. To me 30 large could do some good for some people or animals. I guess this kind of behavior is why people are so aware of the 1% these days. If this guy didn't have the money to spend, well then he's just an idiot.

Honored Contributor

If I was his wife I would be ticked. If he has plenty of money & no big deal then no big deal. If he drained the savings now that's a problem.

Respected Contributor

I would love to be a fly on the wall when she finds out.  The very idea that a husband/wife would blow $30k on a football game and "hope" the other doesn't find out about it is completely unfathomable to me.  In my house, that would be grounds for divorce.