Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Tattoo on your foot? On a model showing shoes... not a good look

@Candyapple wrote:
The narrow mindedness of some people in this world amazes me. 😏

How is not liking tatoos narrow-minded, exactly?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

My daughter has a tattoo on her foot. My feet are so sensitive I couldn't imagine getting one there, I would think it would hurt while getting it. 

It doesn't bother me at all. I don't care what other people do or don't do to their bodies. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Candyapple wrote:
The narrow mindedness of some people in this world amazes me. 😏

How is not liking tatoos narrow-minded, exactly?

i dont think it has anything to do with liking them or not liking them. one can NOT like them and yet still have no problem with a model sporting one.

it has everything to do with "discriminating" against those that have them in a certain profession.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

80 here and thinking about a paw print on my foot    Smiley Happy

(well 79 on Thursday but always say 80)

@MalteseMomma

You GO girl!Heart

I'm almost 64 and my most recent tattoo was about 6 months ago when I had my brother's name inked on the inside of my wrist, after he passed away. We were very close.

The last 2 before that were 1 & 2 years ago and one of those is a paw print.

I have a total of 10, but you'd never see them unless I wanted you to, all easily hidden by clothes if I want, except maybe the one on the inside of my wrist..

My tattoos are for me and all have a deep meaning to me. I don 't really care what anyone else thinks of them, when I do show them.

If anyone doesn't like them or wants to judge me for them, well go ahead! That's their problem, not mine, LOL! 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The discussion made me curious, so I took a quick look at items recently on air and found ballet flats...   I think this is the tattoo in question on the vendor's foot (shown just after the 5:30 mark).   In my opinion it looks simple, unobtrusive, and subtle and I don't think I would've even noticed it. 

video:

http://www.qvc.com/Skechers-GO-Step-Mesh-Ballet-Sneakers---Primary.product.A275873.html?productNumbe...

quick screen shot from video:

image.jpeg

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love and appreciate tattoos. I think they are beautiful, for the most part. I personally am not fond of the ones with thick lines or heavily colored (I prefer black/gray, no color) but can still appreciate them. Tattoos generally convey a story for that person and I find that fascinating and intriguing. I am never dissuaded to buy something from someone who has tattoos. I think that is silly, frankly.

But if someone wants to be distracted by something so harmless as a tattoo and refuse to buy something because of it, that is certainly their perogative but just understand you could be losing out on possibly amazing products. your loss, really, not the company's so much. 

ETA: I personally do not have any tattoos. 

Honored Contributor

Violetsmimi wrote:

Well hate to give you one less thing to complain about but that wasn't a model that was the vendor from Skechers. She was wearing the shoes and they did a close up of her feet. That was a tiny tattoo of a floral vine how could that possibly offend you and make you not want the shoes?

Yes, it was the vendor, Lauren Gambino.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@Violetsmimi wrote:

Well hate to give you one less thing to complain about but that wasn't a model that was the vendor from Skechers. She was wearing the shoes and they did a close up of her feet. That was a tiny tattoo of a floral vine how could that possibly offend you and make you not want the shoes?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree.  It's a very subtle and attractive tattoo.

I suspect OP posts these kinds of threads more for effect than for being truly offended.

I can't imagine someone taking shopping channel presentations so seriously.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

By the way, before you pass judgement too much, you should see all the tattoos and piercings many of the amazing scientists have that I work with and  that develop many of the drugs you or family members use to keep yourself alive and healthy. I am sure if they were presenting you with the drug that could keep you alive, like a cancer drug, you would not hesitate to take the drug just because of their "distracting" tattoos. Or maybe you would and then you might just pass up the one drug that could keep you alive. Just something to think about and to keep things in perspective. 

Respected Contributor

We have close family friends whose son passed away about 3 years ago.  All his siblings got a very meaningful tattoo of their brother on their body.  My friend had a framed Mother's Day card from her son when he was in preschool or kindergarten.  She took his little boy signature "Love, Connor" and had that tattooed on her wrist.  It's very easily hidden.  She knows it's there and looks down on it frequently.