Trusted Contributor

Re: A Tattoo on your foot? On a model showing shoes... not a good look

@Candyapple

Do you realize that you are accusing the OP of exactly the same thing of which you are now guilty?

Trusted Contributor

@PurpleBunny

There is nothing new under the sun.  Everyone in each generation thinks they have a unique bead on things. For example, they dug up a human cadaver estimated to be five thousand years old.  Guess what he had on his leathery preserved skin?  Tats.  Yes indeed. and the scientists examining him think it may be an indicator of a tribal membership. 

I know law enforcement seriously looks at tats for gang related memberships. They also use them as identifying characteristics. Some people today get their eyebrows tattooed, their eyeliner.   Sometimes tattooing is used in medical applications and I will leave that one alone. So, nothing new here. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Moretofollow wrote:

I think Paris Jackson's tattoos are very ugly - note they are on both arms yet she was able to get a modelling job.  Beautiful woman but I wonder if her tats will prevent her new employer from putting her in ultra feminine clothing for the runway.  

Image result for paris jackson's tattoos

Such a pretty girl... such ugly tattoos....

Paris Jackson could have every inch of her body tattooed and still get just about any job she might decide she wants, because she is Paris Jackson. Never mind that she never has to work a day in her life if she chooses not to, especially for anyone but herself, and the type of work she'd likely be interested in doing seriously and permanently would welcome tattoos with open arms.

JMO, but I thing Paris chose those tattoos because they are crude and ugly.  She clearly didn't want pretty, feminine, delicate, etc. She's still finding herself, her life, her way. She'll have enough $$ to get rid of them later if she decides to, or have them worked into something else.

She's a striking, beautiful girl.  Very much her mother's daughter in looks. As to the rest of her parentage - who the heck really knows. I feel sorry that she and her siblings have had to live, since her father's death, in the $$-and-fame-centric circus that has become her extended family.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@Deanie wrote:

@PurpleBunny

There is nothing new under the sun.  Everyone in each generation thinks they have a unique bead on things. For example, they dug up a human cadaver estimated to be five thousand years old.  Guess what he had on his leathery preserved skin?  Tats.  Yes indeed. and the scientists examining him think it may be an indicator of a tribal membership. 

I know law enforcement seriously looks at tats for gang related memberships. They also use them as identifying characteristics. Some people today get their eyebrows tattooed, their eyeliner.   Sometimes tattooing is used in medical applications and I will leave that one alone. So, nothing new here. 

Not quite sure why this is directed at me, I never claimed tattoos were "New."

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Image result for fainting meme

I hope I can remember that-

Don't make me clutch my pearls-!!!!!

That's made me laugh all day!

Esteemed Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Candyapple wrote:
The narrow mindedness of some people in this world amazes me. 😏

How is not liking tatoos narrow-minded, exactly?

It's not the disliking them that's the issue. It's wanting to limit the career choices of someone based on your not liking someone elses tattoo that's narrowminded. 

Well then I guess the DISNEY Corporation is narrow minded because they do not allow their employees to show tatoos while at work.  THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT POLICY.  THEY HAVE AN IMAGE TO UPHOLD.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone see the woman at the Oscars -- very end of the event when Moonlight won best picture -- she was thanking people or whatever.  She had on a nice black dress and a big ugly green circular tatoo on her right inside forearm.  You could not miss it.  I am sorry to say, but you can't dress up and try to be all pretty and have a big tatoo showing.  Ruins the look.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Lion Tattoo.jpg

One of my three tattoos

This one took eight hours to do.

I love it and have received many complements on it.

My employer knows that I have it, and they have no problem with me having my three tatts.

No consequences.

Wow, that's huge. 

Does he have a name?

Frequent Contributor

@silentgirl wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Image result for fainting meme

I hope I can remember that-

Don't make me clutch my pearls-!!!!!

That's made me laugh all day!

Lol!

Frequent Contributor

THe Clark's rep this morning had a little butterfly tattoo on her ankle.

It looked cute. Smiley Happy