@catwhisperer

Thank you and bless you, friend

Valued Contributor

Re: A Small Act Of Kindness, May Be Huge To The One Whom Receives It

A small act of kindness is always BIG.

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Nice story, but what the heck costs 37 cents in a restaurant?  

Also, how did the daughter know where the server worked?  The sad lady and the server met at a grocery store, not the restaurant.

I worked for a company that owned 30+ Applebees restaurants. Once a year we had to work at one of the restaurants. I thought it was a great idea. It gave us an idea how hard it is to run and work in a restaurant. You really appreciate all the work that goes on behind the scenes.

Well, because we were working at the restaurant we had to wear shirts with the Applebees logo embroidered on the shirt. So she could have been wearing an Applebees shirt.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Just a few weeks ago I was going through a McDonald's.  The order cost around $7 something (it was for my granddaughter).  The lady in the window said, "No charge.  The car ahead of you paid".  It was a Landrover.  Ha!

So, I said, "I'll pay for the car behind me".  The cashier said, "It's on $1 (and change).  So I gave her the money...then I said, "I'll pay for the car behind that one".  The the cashier said, "There's no one behind that car".  Ha!

My daughter lives in Denver.  She said she does it and lots of other people do it there all of the time.  I live in Northern Va and have never had anyone do that for me, it was very nice.

I've had that happen to me several times at tolls.  The car in front paid for me, and I paid for the one behind, and on it went.  Everyone was smiling and waving.  It was really nice!

Valued Contributor

What a beautiful story!!! Don't need to over think it... Thank you @butterfly123Heart

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123  Sweet story.  Thank you for posting something uplifting.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

Need to share my story: I'm undergoing chemo, but before all my hair fell out I went to Fantastic Sam's near me to get it cropped short. I didn't think I was speaking loudly, but I explained the situation and the hairdresser was very sweet and understanding. I had noticed a cute young couple waiting (he looked like my 21-year old grandson), but didn't speak with them or even make eye contact.

When I went to check out and pay, the cashier said, "the young man back there paid for everything, including the tip." He also left me a note telling me good luck and to kick cancer. It was so touching I almost cried. I left him a note thanking him and said God Bless. It felt appropriate not to actually speak with him.

Such good people in the world, including the young!

Honored Contributor

@Zita Wishing you well and thank you for sharing.Smiley Happy

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Zita

Prayers for healing and strength for you 🌹

Thank you for sharing your kindness experience.

Respected Contributor

@butterfly123 and @Zita

Thank you for sharing positive inspiration.❤️

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••