Regular Contributor
Noel, you had a thread not long ago asking about anti virus programs. I wondered if you chose one and if you are happy with it? CH
Honored Contributor

Re: A Question For Noel Seven

[ Edited ]

Hi CH!

I only have a minute, I have something in the oven, but what timing you have!

I had the worst trouble getting rid of McAffee.  Horrible.  I kept thinking it was gone, and then it was back.  DD came over and took it all down, it came back.  So she researched it and found out you have to DOWNLOAD something from their site just to UNinstall.  She worked on that all afternoon last weekend. 

Two days later, I got a notice that McAffee was installing something new on my desktop, OMG!

It turns out, DH's laptop had had MA, but he'd let it run out and thought it wasn't there anymore.

It's like an evil thing you can't get rid of.

I asked DD to look into the free virus protection, but she's been really busy.  I can buy what I need, but I don't remember the one people suggested.

Can you recommend something?  This has been a nightmare.

Thanks for asking, how timely that was Smiley Happy  I'll be back later to check.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

Malwarebytes - it works for me ! Google it.

Regular Contributor

Noel, sorry you're having so much trouble with McAfee. I asked because I've been having trouble with my computer the last few weeks and thought I might have a virus and need a better virus protection.

Maryebrown I have malware bytes and every night I run a scan and it says I have a PUP. I quarantine it, but it comes back every day. Also I get thrown off this site a lot and have to start all over again. When I play any games, after a game or two it just hangs/spins and I constantly have to restart. It's driving me crazy. CH
Esteemed Contributor

Atopping by to say hi to CharlieHorse Woman Happy

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have ESET it is for Mac and windows. My husband says its a real good program

Honored Contributor

Thanks, cherry and everyone Smiley Happy

I'll look into the suggestions.  I feel as if we're being held hostage by McAffee.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Regular Contributor

Waving hi to MGM!

Cherry, i have never heard of ESET. I will check this out. It's for my laptop (windows). I'm glad I have my iPad too. That doesn't throw me off. I think my next computer may be a Mac. CH
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Thanks, cherry and everyone Smiley Happy

I'll look into the suggestions.  I feel as if we're being held hostage by McAffee.

My son teaches telecom all over the world, and it's what he uses

Valued Contributor

AVG free is good. I have used for years.