Honored Contributor

Re: 9 gross reasons you shouldn't bring your pet to bed with you

@wildcat fan wrote:

I don't bring my kitty to bed with me.  Sometimes she decides to join me in the middle of the night, but she is good to let me stay despite having to tell me to scoot over so she can have more room.  😻

My kitties came and went as they desired. Stuck like glue in cold weather, often sleeping in the LR in hot weather when I tossed and turned too much for them.

Now I'm a kitty aunt and while she spends some time snuggled with me in the morning, she's very independent about sleeping all night - sometimes she prefers the couch to her mom & dad even. OTOH, the other night she fell sound asleep on my hip and stayed for hours. Go figure.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Ok, flea and tick preventative, heartworm preventative that also controls hooks and roundworms, and regular fecal analysis by a vet takes care of most of this.  Annual examinations by a vet will take care of and should calm the fear for the rest.  Good Hygeine important.  My cat sleeps on my bed.  Fear of ecoli???  I fear more that she will suck the breath out of me while I slumber.  😀

Trusted Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

And here I thought we were all finished with dog stories.  Who knew?

Time for Lisa, the View, Oprah, and other threads posted about ad nauseum.

Never mind this should be in Pet Lovers if at all. 

Honored Contributor

LOL - niece kitty is now sitting on Mount Auntie's hip making biscuits after I gave her treats. Unfortunately, claws are also involved. Thank you sweetieoww!

Respected Contributor

@jackiejenny wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

And here I thought we were all finished with dog stories.  Who knew?

Time for Lisa, the View, Oprah, and other threads posted about ad nauseum.

Never mind this should be in Pet Lovers if at all. 

Or you could just not open it.

Honored Contributor

Moonchilde wrote:

LOL - niece kitty is now sitting on Mount Auntie's hip making biscuits after I gave her treats. Unfortunately, claws are also involved. Thank you sweetieoww!

Kitty makes biscuits?   She's a keeper!  Smiley Happy Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Most people say making biscuits, but my mom & grandmother said making bread.

This kitty isn't as affectionate as mine were because (1) not mine and (2) indoor/outdoor independent, but she loves me in her way. Warming my thigh as I write ;-)

Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde Haaaaaaaaaaa love it...I never heard of the term "making biscuits. That is sooo funny and cute and I LMAO imagining the kneeding of the dough going on. If ya get too tired of the claws I got a big ole hip and like parts kitty can perch on to "make biscuits" LOOOOOL oh am still laughing about that LOL Plenty of dough here LOL

Trusted Contributor

We've had two dogs and three cats over the past 37 years.  The dogs never wanted to sleep in bed.  They always slept on the floor.  The cats always wanted to sleep up in bed and it was fine with us.

All of our animals were always well cared for.  We never caught anything.  In fact, I think that living with them probably made our immune systems stronger.

We have two grandbabies who live in a house with multiple pets.  Their pediatrician says it's very good for their immune system to live with pets.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Most people say making biscuits, but my mom & grandmother said making bread.

This kitty isn't as affectionate as mine were because (1) not mine and (2) indoor/outdoor independent, but she loves me in her way. Warming my thigh as I write ;-)

Oh, jeez, @Moonchilde, I thought you meant something else altogether by "making biscuits." Smiley LOL I was wondering why you seemed happy about it, too.

Shows you how long ago it was that we had cats.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland