Esteemed Contributor

Re: 9 gross reasons you shouldn't bring your pet to bed with you

I often travel with my pets.  As soon as we get to the hotels I put sheets and blankets on the bed spreads.  For two reasons, first to keep the dogs hair off.  And second to protect my dogs from the nasty stuff humans leave behind.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

And here I thought we were all finished with dog stories.  Who knew?

Time for Lisa, the View, Oprah, and other threads posted about ad nauseum.

@MyGirlsMom, I'm waiting for the always delightful thread about going gray or not.

Hey wait. The TSV is leggings so we can see all the opinions about who should and should not wear leggings.  I know I've been looking forward to this for days!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@MyGirlsMom, I'm waiting for the always delightful thread about going gray or not.

Hey wait. The TSV is leggings so we can see all the opinions about who should and should not wear leggings.  I know I've been looking forward to this for days!

Only ladies with dyed, medium length hair. Oh wait is there a weight limit? Color of leggings...no white before or is it after Easter? Never fleshed toned...NEVER!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Moonchilde wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

Moonchilde wrote:

LOL - niece kitty is now sitting on Mount Auntie's hip making biscuits after I gave her treats. Unfortunately, claws are also involved. Thank you sweetieoww!

Kitty makes biscuits?   She's a keeper!  Smiley Happy Smiley Wink

Most people say making biscuits, but my mom & grandmother said making bread.

This kitty isn't as affectionate as mine were because (1) not mine and (2) indoor/outdoor independent, but she loves me in her way. Warming my thigh as I write ;-)

D'oh!  I just got it.   I'm laughing so hard, at myself, that i didn't even get it yesterday.  I was just funning ya, in that I thought you must have left some words out and you meant that you were making biscuits while the cat - never mind.  I"m an idiot.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@dimin wrote:

Not everyone likes animals in their house, and those that don't shouldn't be looked down on for it. Those who want them can have them, those that don't aren't bad people. 

@dimin I don't think anyone looked down on anyone for not being an animal person.  There was one specific participant on this thread who went out of her way to basically condemn pets as "filty" and demean those who share their beds with their pets.

In fact, the thread was started by someone I'm betting doesn't believe in sharing her bed with a pet as an attempt to prove her opinion as right and everyone else as wrong.  So, the "looking down on" is being aimed at the folks who share their beds with their pets.

Personally, I don't care what anyone else thinks about my pets sleeping with me.  They don't have to sleep with us, and for that matter, they don't have to visit if they don't like my pets!

Respected Contributor

The love overides the germs. Heart

Respected Contributor

@croemer wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Only ladies with dyed, medium length hair. Oh wait is there a weight limit? Color of leggings...no white before or is it after Easter? Never fleshed toned...NEVER!

LOL.  Well I don't care what anyone else says, this chubby, short, gray-haired old nana is getting the leggings and I'm gonna wear them JUST to give the biddies something to gossip about!  Then I'm gonna come home are curl up with my germy parasite infested disease ridden furkids in my bed (I may or may not take my leggings off before I crawl into bed) ];p

Honored Contributor

I never said anything about animals being gross or dirty.

Our dog, German Shepherd was almost full grown when we got her.  Her owner was handicapped and probably kept her off the bed for his own sake.  And at that time DH and I shared either a full size bed or a queen....not enough room for a big dog, too!

When we rescued our first cat from the street (literally) she had fleas and parasites.  Gross I know!  We kept her out on our back porch---more or less quarantined her for quite a while till she was *cleared*.  Was a long process, but worth it.

The two cats we have now are *wild*, a mother and daughter.  Captured them and took them straight to the vets each time one was caught. They too stayed on the back porch, at separate times till it was okay for them to come in.

My parents are actually watching them as they stay at our house all summer season as we are up north. 

My mother would ground me for a month, if I allowed cats on my kitchen counters.  LOL! 

Also, it would be a terrible accident if they got near the hot stove top. I don't even want to think about that!

I don't care what other people do with their pets, they can lick each others' faces, share an ice cream cone, sleep and bathe together--whatever.

I just can't and won't!

Trusted Contributor

I've had kitties for probably 30 years and the've always slept with me. Still here to tell about it...have you ever tried get a cat to do something they don't want to do? 

Honored Contributor

This type of thread is basically started to polarize posters and create exactly the atmosphere it has - like drop the firecracker and run. And it works because . . . human nature, right?

I have not seen this particular OP do a lot of this, but OTOH she hasn't returned to the thread to actually participate in it, so . . . Others clearly do it deliberately.

It's a great way to set posters against each other (or try to) and then sit back and hope/watch. Been a LOT of that going on lately - more than usual. Hmmm....

I would suggest reading ALL the posts in this type of thread and realizing how few are actually OTT and/or truly rudely attacking others' POV.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all