Honored Contributor

Re: 9 gross reasons you shouldn't bring your pet to bed with you

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@croemer wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

And here I thought we were all finished with dog stories.  Who knew?

Time for Lisa, the View, Oprah, and other threads posted about ad nauseum.

@MyGirlsMom, I'm waiting for the always delightful thread about going gray or not.

Hey wait. The TSV is leggings so we can see all the opinions about who should and should not wear leggings.  I know I've been looking forward to this for days!

Only ladies with dyed, medium length hair. Oh wait is there a weight limit? Color of leggings...no white before or is it after Easter? Never fleshed toned...NEVER!

LOL.  Well I don't care what anyone else says, this chubby, short, gray-haired old nana is getting the leggings and I'm gonna wear them JUST to give the biddies something to gossip about!  Then I'm gonna come home are curl up with my germy parasite infested disease ridden furkids in my bed (I may or may not take my leggings off before I crawl into bed) ];p

wait...wha...I'm not feeling so good. Gray hair you say...leggings too. Oh my:

Image result for fainting lady gifs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

Well I am 58 and have been sleeping with my dog/dogs since I was a child. I am very healthy and alive with no ailments. My dogs do not have fleas. 

Honored Contributor

When my doctor suggested my dog sleep in another room due to my severe allergies and asthma, it was heartbreaking. My dog didn't understand, and we were both miserable. I didn't really notice a difference in my health either. My dog passed away a few months ago, but I am still here and missing her terribly. 

Btw my doc admitted his wife had similar health issues, but she refused to kick the dog out of the bed. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

When my doctor suggested my dog sleep in another room due to my severe allergies and asthma, it was heartbreaking. My dog didn't understand, and we were both miserable. I didn't really notice a difference in my health either. My dog passed away a few months ago, but I am still here and missing her terribly. 

Btw my doc admitted his wife had similar health issues, but she refused to kick the dog out of the bed. 

Many years ago I had the skin tests for common allergens and was allergic to most of them 😫

I said to the doctor he'd better not tell me to get rid of my cat. He responded that I was more allergic to several things than I was to pet dander, and he knew better than to suggest to pet owners that they get rid of their pets 😉

I'm sorry your allergy was that severe, and I understand your choice. My niece has had lifelong allergies and asthma and she still has a kitty in her bed periodically, if not in her face, lol.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Frequent Contributor

Our cats and dogs except for one large dog slept on our bed. We only have cats now, cannot handle dogs anymore.  

As others mentioned, if there is something they could bring to the bed, then you better clean the whole house.

"God created memories so that we might have roses in December." - Italo Svevo
Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

After DH acquired a rare autoimmune illness from Lyme disease and I have breathing problems (some allergies) which makes it hard for me to sleep I just won't have the dog up on our bed.  I love the dog of course but after the various health problems it's just not worth it to me.

Plus we treat the dog for ticks among other things which usually involves chemicals that I don't want on my bed.

I don't want the chemicals on my bed OR on my pets. 

My husband did chemo for 10 years prior to having a bone marrow transplant.  Our dogs slept on our bed through that whole time.  I actually think having the closeness and love of the dogs helped my husband through a rough time.  He would come home from chemo, go to bed with 2 over l00 pound dogs. 

Thank the good Lord, he is healed and is here to talk about it.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Hahaha, Croemer!  Love that.

I slept with the puppy for his first 5 nights here, to establish bonding I suppose and keep him feeling safe and secure.  But I did have something, like a towel, that I put on top of my bed for him.

I'm kind of squeamish about some stuff so I would probably think about the worst things - like his butt on my stuff and the like.  hehe

But, and I can't believe I'm saying this, my husband - holy krap!  When they go out for their walks, he shares bottles of water with him.   gadzooks!  I couldn't do that.  I mean, seriously - they both take turns drinking out of the bottle!

@chickenbutt  I can completely relate with you husband.  Haven't you ever kissed your dog on it's mouth??  Oh, that is the sweetest thing!0216141309 (1).jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

I have the song "We Are Family" running through my head as I read this post (and the article).  My boys sleep on the bed with me, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I'm not afraid!

@ItsME  You and me both!  Love me, love my dog (s).

Esteemed Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop wrote:

I understand animals sleeping on human beds isnt for everyone, but my goodness I bet not one of us has died from them.  151949, yours statements are hateful about pets being filthy.  I have a wonderful family, and our dogs are part of the family.. My two small dogs are groomed at the groomers twice a month.  Each day that go out to take care of business and before coming in the house we wash their feet and towel dry them prior to coming in.  This is the process every time they come in the house.  They also have a nice warm hand cloth bath at the end of each day.  We wash each ones body with a warm cloth and towel dry them, they are as clean as the humans in the household I can assure you. They also have teeth brushed at least once a day.  This may seem extreme, but I want them to be clean, because it is healthly and makes them feel good.  You certainly seen to detest animals, possibly one could bring some joy to your life since that seems to be missing from your mostly hateful comments you so very often post.

@Shop Till you Drop  I have to agree with your comments from 151949.  It is hard to believe that someone that feels this way about animals in their house would ever do it, but they claim to have had pets.  Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I often travel with my pets.  As soon as we get to the hotels I put sheets and blankets on the bed spreads.  For two reasons, first to keep the dogs hair off.  And second to protect my dogs from the nasty stuff humans leave behind.

Oh my gosh, @CrazyDaisy,  I could have written this!!! Smiley Happy