Honored Contributor

9 deaths and rare cancer linked to textured breast implants, FDA says

Just another reason NOT fool with Mother nature.  The tie to cancer and breast implants has been discussed for many many years.. but the implant companies have been fighting against the dangers being called accurate because of pending and future lawsuits...

So women suffer needlessly as info is kept from them about the dangers of these implants.  This new  accusation  is just for the newer textured implants, but, there have been questions about all implants for years and years with no conclusions as women  are kept in the dark about what the truths really are.

It is all about THE MONEY.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/22/health/br

east-implant-cancer-deaths-fda/

Respected Contributor

Re: 9 deaths and rare cancer linked to textured breast implants, FDA says

Not true about the past. it has been bunked.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Melania wrote:

Not true about the past. it has been bunked.

@MelaniaThe women who have passed from cancer  an or suffered great illness would beg to differ.  A friend of mine was one of the victims and suffered for years.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw this story on GMA this morning.  My understanding is there is a very small link to a rare lymphoma.  The doctor on this morning said to be aware that again, the link is very, very small.   

I have always been of the opinion that I don't want unnecessary artificial stuff injected into my body like breast implants, botox, juvaderm, restylane, etc.  But everyone has to do what they are comfortable with.

Respected Contributor

This is scary to find this out. I would never get implants for cosmetic reasons. What about women who got implants for reconstruction surgery due to breast cancer who had their breasts removed? 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  I have to agree about things like botox that are , in fact, injected into your body. However, breast implants are not. The material they contain is generally just saline and the material of the outside is not toxic. Part of the reason that numbers can be high for cancers from breast implants is because many of the implants out there go into women who have a mastectomy or partial mastectomy due to cancer. I had a lumpectomy that took over 25% of my  breast and the doctor immediately offered me the option of an implant. I turned it down & have learned to live with them as they are.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I saw this story on GMA this morning.  My understanding is there is a very small link to a rare lymphoma.  The doctor on this morning said to be aware that again, the link is very, very small.   

I have always been of the opinion that I don't want unnecessary artificial stuff injected into my body like breast implants, botox, juvaderm, restylane, etc.  But everyone has to do what they are comfortable with.

It pays to keep things in perspective, and not to react as if the sky is falling.

They said that it is a VERY small link to a RARE lymphoma.

Respected Contributor

9 deaths in a pool of how many women?   I am sure there are plenty of women who had knee replacements, tatoos, color their hair, have botox injections, eat fast food daily, drink diet pop, smoke, vape who if inspected could also be linked to something.   This is just a scare puff piece.

Honored Contributor

People just need to read the story for themselves it's doesnt say what some people think it says or probably want it to say. 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/22/health/breast-implant-cancer-deaths-fda/index.html

Trusted Contributor

For medical reasons, I guess I could see the need for implants; I do believe that insurance takes care of the majority of those costs.  

It's not just about the money, it's also about the vanity and the plastic surgeons count on that.

Sad.