Esteemed Contributor

Re: 5 Year old kills His Twin

Santa Cruz Sentinel article..

SCOTTS VALLEY — A 5-year-old boy was killed Wednesday after being stabbed in the back by his twin sibling.

Esteemed Contributor

And as far as "where were the parents", I don't know that any parent can say they had eyes on their kids 24/7 unless you brought them into the bathroom, each room you went into and never turned your back on them.  Kids are fast.   You can be in the same room with them but have your back to them and things can happen.  That is not a neglectful nor bad parent.

Horrible tragedy.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Does anyone see any similarities to the movie "Halloween". Maybe there is a Michael Meyers in the making. 🤡

Esteemed Contributor

Where he was stabbed makes all the difference!

Not all veins are near the surface where a knife that size would puncture them. 

Some are just under the skin! 

I'm sure the boy was scared to death when he saw his brother bleeding!

Respected Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
Does anyone see any similarities to the movie "Halloween". Maybe there is a Michael Meyers in the making. 🤡

Do you really think your attempt at humor, along with your smiley face, was amusing?

So much for empathy and compassion.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have plenty of empathy and compassion for the dead child. Where is your sense of humor Mersha.  Remember when you called a group of posters an angry, hateful mob?

Respected Contributor

While a five year old will not understand the concept of death, or its finality, they do know pain by this age.

They've all had injuries, shots, and they know fire will burn. Most parents warn children about things of potential harm. Like, don't handle the knives, be gentle with the puppy, etc.

So, while this child didn't know he was killing his brother, he likely knew he would inflict pain. That, in itself, is concerning.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like a horrible accident.  That boy will live with the fact that he killed his twin for the rest of hs life.

I just read in the Chicago Tribune that a 3 year old Gary IN boy shot his toddler sibling.  That I blame on the parents.  So senselesss and preventable 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with you BlueFinch. This child was stabbed in the back. It is not as if they were fighting or playing around. There is something seriously wrong with that child. If I were the parents I would be seriously concerned about him injuring other people.

Honored Contributor

Had they been hitting and pushing, one falling with injury or death resulting, I would consider it accidental, but the boy got a weapon to use to assault his brother. That is intent to cause real harm.