Respected Contributor

Re: 3 Animals die at Seaworld in 3 Months

My first love of elephants began when I was about 10.  We were at the county fair and there was an elephant being used to give rides to children.  I tell you when I laid eyes on that poor animal I felt sick.  I begged and begged my Dad to buy me a ticket.  Finally he gave in.  When it came my turn I refused to get on the elephant and just stood by him.  My father was furious.  When I told him all I wanted to do with my time for my ticket was let the elephant rest.  I just stood there looking into his eyes ... I've never forgotten that look. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

My first love of elephants began when I was about 10.  We were at the county fair and there was an elephant being used to give rides to children.  I tell you when I laid eyes on that poor animal I felt sick.  I begged and begged my Dad to buy me a ticket.  Finally he gave in.  When it came my turn I refused to get on the elephant and just stood by him.  My father was furious.  When I told him all I wanted to do with my time for my ticket was let the elephant rest.  I just stood there looking into his eyes ... I've never forgotten that look. 

@Karnerblue

That's so sweet! Smiley MSN Emoticon heart 024.gif

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

Just to add to my story, my Dad was not really furious.  It's just that my Mother said we could each go on one ride (money was tight then and there were four children) and I was not to go on the elephant. So I stayed behind with Dad and that's when he bought me the ticket.  When I told him why, he was not so upset anymore.  We kept it between the two of us all these years.Heart

Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue

Smiley MSN Emoticon heart 024.gif

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

IG wrote:

Karnerblue wrote:

@beastielove 100,000,000,000 and beyond Hearts for you!

@Karnerblue

I agree and I just had to tell you that I love your siggy!

Thanking the both of you so much!!Cat Very Happy

((((((((HUGZ))))))))

------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@beastielove wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

I am strongly against any animal taken from their natural habitat and and used for the sole purpose to make a profit and for our entertainment.

Another vile abomination that uses animals "for profit"..and treats them in extremely cruel and abusive manners...is the circus. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who goes to them is only helping to perpetuate the never ending cycle of animal abuse and is therefore guilty of the same unforgivable crime.

I was watching TV last night and a commercial came on for The Han*af*rd Circus. When it showed a bear wearing a clown outfit and riding a bicycle I burst into tears thinking about what that precious animal has to endure to put money into the pockets of the sc*m who "own" him and who only see him as a profit making "thing".

------------------------------------------

Ringling Bros., the largest circus in the world, has announced they will stop using elephants for entertainment in May. 

@LilacTree

I read that not long ago, but I had to wonder, why wait till May? Why not do it NOW?

Rhetorical question I know, but that's what I had to wonder when I read that.

To make as much $$$ as they could before May, would have to be my guess.

And that still leaves the tigers, etc. who are forced to do unnatural 'tricks' to the loud applause of humans, which is not in their nature to do or hear.

The circuses have always included excellent acrobatic and aerial acts, they could always travel the US with a Cirque du Soleil type of performance. Not everyone can go to Las Vegas!

That way, the animals are left out of it, a company doesn't lose their livelihood and maybe some kids are inspired to become involved in gymnastics.

Win! Win!

IG, I could have written every single word of your post myself.  I thought all of those exact things.  It makes no sense to wait!! 

I was aware of the fact that Ringling was no longer going to be using the elephants as profit makers...and as happy as I was for this long overdue decision...I'm very angry and upset by the fact that they didn't decide to stop using and abusing ALL OF THE ANIMALS that are prisoners in their circus.

-------------------------------------------

Respected Contributor

I'm very angry and upset by the fact that they didn't decide to stop using and abusing ALL OF THE ANIMALS that are prisoners in their circus.

@beastielove maybe someday soon, very soon.  We have to keep fighting for them and praying.

Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

I'm very angry and upset by the fact that they didn't decide to stop using and abusing ALL OF THE ANIMALS that are prisoners in their circus.

@beastielove maybe someday soon, very soon.  We have to keep fighting for them and praying.

@Karnerblue

@beastielove

Amen to that, sistahs!

Smiley others 301.GIF
Respected Contributor