Respected Contributor

Re: 3 Animals die at Seaworld in 3 Months

Well, they can't release the ones raised in captivity. They can't fend for themselves.

The thing that really bothered me, was the orcas in the tiny pools, that is disturbing.

Honored Contributor

@beastielove wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

I am strongly against any animal taken from their natural habitat and and used for the sole purpose to make a profit and for our entertainment.

Another vile abomination that uses animals "for profit"..and treats them in extremely cruel and abusive manners...is the circus. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who goes to them is only helping to perpetuate the never ending cycle of animal abuse and is therefore guilty of the same unforgivable crime.

I was watching TV last night and a commercial came on for The Han*af*rd Circus. When it showed a bear wearing a clown outfit and riding a bicycle I burst into tears thinking about what that precious animal has to endure to put money into the pockets of the sc*m who "own" him and who only see him as a profit making "thing".

------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

@beastielove

I agree and I personally boycott circuses too....that's my other t-shirt, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for this thread IG. 

It is beyond cruel how these animals are kept. I hope they close soon and now that finally they are being exposed it will not save all the animals but some may actually get their freedom.

Respected Contributor

@Q2girl wrote:

I grew up near Sea World and the San Diego Zoo.  Should we close all zoos and establishments that lock up animals?  How about those raised in captivity?  Should we let them go into the wild?  I personally hated going to the zoo or SeaWorld as a child, but am just wondering what you all think about zoos? 

A resounding YES YES YES. 

It is one thing to have a well run animal preserve that allows these creatures to roam free. It is another to keep an animal in a glass prison for the amusement of humans. 

We are supposed to be the Stewards of the Earth not it's captors.

Respected Contributor

@NUNYA wrote:

Well, they can't release the ones raised in captivity. They can't fend for themselves.

The thing that really bothered me, was the orcas in the tiny pools, that is disturbing.

They would need to keep these poor souls separate an "teach" them which is possible and has been successfully done.

Esteemed Contributor

I say Close those places down completely. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@beastielove 100,000,000,000 and beyond Hearts for you!

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@NUNYA wrote:

They would need to keep these poor souls separate an "teach" them which is possible and has been successfully done.

@AngusandBuddhasMom

Yes and in MUCH bigger pools, where they can be taught to catch their own food, etc.

After all, they taught them how to do 'tricks', didn't they?

Many orphaned animals are raised in captivity, taught how to survive in their natural habitat, then released into that habitat.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

@beastielove 100,000,000,000 and beyond Hearts for you!

@Karnerblue

I agree and I just had to tell you that I love your siggy!

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I say Close those places down completely. 

@Puzzle Piece

Agreed. They've lost 84% of their revenue, so that may happen soon!