Respected Contributor

Re: 25th Anniversary Gift For Husband

On 5/23/2014 missyw1 said: Romantic night at a fancy hotel. No bedbugs.
But the bedbug suite saves a few bucks :-)
Super Contributor

How about 25 red roses?? Or 25 roses in different colors??

Next March will be our 25th anniversary.

But my dh passed away right before our 10th.

I can't imagine having the luxury of buying him something different than what I have for all these years........dozens of red roses with tons of babysbreath. He wanted lots of babies, and every month from our first date til he passed away, he bought a beautiful bouquet of flowers - always different - for me...but each one had a huge amount of his favorite flower: babysbreath.

That's what I'll be buying next March....25 red roses instead of 12.

Honored Contributor

We've been together over 42 years and from this male perspective? Why give him anything if he is content as is? That is what I tell my wife on every single occasion where she feels a gift is necessary.

hckynut(john)
Regular Contributor

All of your ideas are wonderful, full of meaning and sentiment. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

We chose to give ourselves a trip to Paris for our 25th anniversary. We didn't need stuff.

Honored Contributor

Here are some ideas from Gifts.com.

""Your memory lane""

Personalized golf club links

Business card case

RL cocktail shaker

Swiss Army knife

Honored Contributor

On 5/26/2014 muttmom said:

We chose to give ourselves a trip to Paris for our 25th anniversary. We didn't need stuff.

I agree. After 25 years who needs more stuff? We too took a fabulous trip.

Honored Contributor

I have done things for DH's birthday such as take him on a helicopter ride over the city to take pictures. Rented a corvette for the weekend and we drove to a inn that is a few hours away. He loves to fish so I took him for a fishing weekend once - charter boat. You have to use your imagination a little and think about things he likes to do. Almost forget - we went for a train ride from Pitts to washington DC and toured around DC for the weekend and rode the train back home.

Respected Contributor

On 5/24/2014 sidsmom said:

Go to Victoria's Secret, slap a bow on your bottom & call it a night. You know that's all men want! Wink

Yes, this would be preferred over a gift any day!

Regular Contributor

For our 25th I made one of those photo books--back then you could only get them (that I knew of) here on the Q...so that's what I did...I titled it "Dave & Jean 25 Years"..and I started with a wedding pic, put in pics of our early years, then when each kid was born, then later events, etc..I titled each page with something clever..I ended it with a page of just the 2 of us that said something like "If the first 25 years were THIS amazing, just imagine how awesome the NEXT 25 years are going to be!! These day you can get a professional-grade book, like a pro-photographer would make, at a site called Artisan State...and I'm sure there are many others--I'll do this again for our 50th--but that won't be for another 13 years! Happy Anniversary! PS--My DH cried!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}