Honored Contributor

Thanks for that info.  For some reason I didn't realize that they get ready for them so far ahead of time.  D'oh!  Smiley Happy     

I know there is a LOT of prep and paperwork.    Good for them.  I can't even imagine having my head that far ahead of time.  

Esteemed Contributor

I could be wrong, but I think it's Winter 2020 and Summer 2024 and so on.  Winter games should be coming up in 2020.  I have no idea where that will be held, @chickenbutt.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

Re: 2024 Summer Olympics

[ Edited ]

Of the cities in the running, I would definitely vote for LA first . . . 

Budapest would be a very fascinating location.

Honored Contributor

itiswhatitis wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think it's Winter 2020 and Summer 2024 and so on.  Winter games should be coming up in 2020.  I have no idea where that will be held, @chickenbutt.

Oh, that could be it.   Geez, my brain is getting feeble.  I was thinking that in two years it's the Winters and then two years after that it's the Summers.  Or something like that.

Good thing I'm not in charge of anything! ha!

Trusted Contributor

I love beautiful Budapest.  But the televised time delayed events are the pits.  So it looks like L.A.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

Oh, that could be it.   Geez, my brain is getting feeble.  I was thinking that in two years it's the Winters and then two years after that it's the Summers.  Or something like that.

I think you are right.   Years ago they started staggering them.  So the Winter Olympics should be in two years.

Edited to add:     I just found this:    Three cities have been chosen by the IOC to host upcoming Olympic Games: Pyeongchang for the 2018 Winter Olympics, Tokyo for the 2020 Summer Olympics, and Beijing for the 2022 Winter Olympics. In 2022, Beijing will become the only city that has held both the summer and winter Olympic Games.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

I think you are right.   Years ago they started staggering them.  So the Winter Olympics should be in two years.

Edited to add:     I just found this:    Three cities have been chosen by the IOC to host upcoming Olympic Games: Pyeongchang for the 2018 Winter Olympics, Tokyo for the 2020 Summer Olympics, and Beijing for the 2022 Winter Olympics. In 2022, Beijing will become the only city that has held both the summer and winter Olympic Games.

Thank you!  I thought it was every for year cycle period.  Wow, won't this make it China three times?

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

With Rio in the rearview mirror, I was curious as to where the 2024 Summer Olympics were going to be.

The city will be chosen in September of 2017, but the cities in the running are:

Rome

Paris

Budapest

Los Angeles

If I had to choose, I would choose L.A. first, then Rome.

If you could pick the host city, which would it be?

@Plaid Pants2  The order I would like to see them is:

Budapest

Rome

Paris

LA

Honored Contributor

actually, the winter olympics are not really even a full two years away......more like just a year and a half!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@itiswhatitis The Olympics are every 2 years...rotating between Summer and Winter...

The next Winter Olympics are in South Korea in 2018. The next Summer Olympics will be in Japan in 2020.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Winter_Olympics