Esteemed Contributor

With Rio in the rearview mirror, I was curious as to where the 2024 Summer Olympics were going to be.

The city will be chosen in September of 2017, but the cities in the running are:

Rome

Paris

Budapest

Los Angeles

If I had to choose, I would choose L.A. first, then Rome.

If you could pick the host city, which would it be?

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

With Rio in the rearview mirror, I was curious as to where the 2024 Summer Olympics were going to be.

The city will be chosen in September of 2017, but the cities in the running are:

Rome

Paris

Budapest

Los Angeles

Like you, I would pick Los Angeles first and then Rome......I wonder why Chicago is never in the running!???

Honored Contributor

Re: 2024 Summer Olympics

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Rome

Paris

Budapest

Los Angeles

Like you, I would pick Los Angeles first and then Rome......I wonder why Chicago is never in the running!???

The state of Illinois is already going for broke, they can't afford to hold an Olympics.  The scenery in Budapest would be beautiful.

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Rome

Paris

Budapest

Los Angeles

Chicago was in the running for 2016 against Rio.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Rome

Paris

Budapest

Los Angeles

Thank goodness we lost that bid!  Between all the trouble the city of Chicago is having with violence and the entire state (including Chicago) is having economically, I don't even want to think about what could have happened.

Honored Contributor

As much as I would like the Olympics to come back to the US or Canada, I have to say Rome would be fantastic!  I wonder if the Pope could outdo Queen Elizabeth's skydive entrance?  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I completely agree MTC.  I live in the city not far from Water Tower Place and the streets are crowded enough.  I was also happy when my native NYC didn't get them a few years ago.  We have enough going on in this country without the Olympics.

Honored Contributor

Are they going to skip 2020?

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

No, they are not going to skip 2020.

The 2020 Olympics are going to be held in Tokyo, Japan.

Honored Contributor

I think it needs to be in Hawaii, the winter one in Alaska.