Honored Contributor

Re: 18 Weird & (sometimes embarrassing) Habits All Cat Owners Are Guilty of Having ;-)

I have birds and am fluent in finch and dove, thank you very much.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 18 Weird & (sometimes embarrassing) Habits All Cat Owners Are Guilty of Having ;-)

On 10/30/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Wait a minute ...... I have a new Kitty (little Bogart, almost 5 months old) and I've been reading a LOT about care and development .... {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I read somewhere that when a cat meows he is trying to communicate with you, and it's important to try to determine what they're trying to say to you .....

If a "cat psychologist" says it's true ..... well, then, it MUST be true ..... {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

My Baby Cat and I have delightful conversations on the way back and forth to the vet (about 420 times in the last 3-1/2 years for her kidney disease treatments)! I just hope that some day I'll know what we've been talking about all this time! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

She does her little meow sounds (it actually sounds like she's either saying ow-w-w, like it hurts, or hello, which is hewo-o-o). When she does that, the receptionists know it's us before we get in the door! I mimic her, and we go back and forth -- it keeps her attention so she doesn't try to get out of the carrier! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Trusted Contributor

Define ""weird"". I find all of those behaviors perfectly acceptable for all pet owners.

Super Contributor

I grew up a cat person and now am a dog person, but I love both. However my dog has more of a cat personality. I'm guilty of all the above except for 5 (I don't have a phone that takes pictures) and 10 (I don't adopt more pets than I can handle). I also love cat jewelry, earrings and pendants mostly. I sometimes wear a little silver cat charm around my neck for good luck.

Thanks for sharing feline, the pictures are wonderful.

Frequent Contributor

On 10/30/2014 Love Roses said:

Only number 6 and number nine. The others are ridiculous.

No they're not to the rest of us who do them. Cut us a little slack here.

Western New York
3,866 Posts
Honored Contributor

On 10/30/2014 PamelaSue72 said:
On 10/29/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Uh ..... I'm going to plead the fifth on this one ..... {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Um.......yeah.

No, you know what? I'm a cat mom and I'm purroud of it! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} And their cat dad is just as purroud!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

On 10/30/2014 kittymomNC said:

The last picture got me -- how many times have I begged my cats not to leave me just like that? {#emotions_dlg.laugh} And very guilty of "not moving a muscle" to keep from disturbing them, or sleeping in very uncomfortable positions so they will be comfortable - more than guilty!

I didn't think I had given them more than nine nicknames, but I lost track at 10! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Burying your face into your cat's fur and taking a big sniff. and You talk back to your cat when he/she meows at you. Guilty! Just lock me up now! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

And considering how many times I've been known to call them my "babies" and tell people that I think I must have given birth to them.... I give up! {#emotions_dlg.wub} {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.wub}

ETA: BTW, this is the CUTEST thread! I needed this this morning--thanks, feline groovy! Smile

You always have such nice - and often very entertaining - posts, Kitty. Smile

Appreciate your thanks, and I'm glad some giggles made for a better A.M. today.

Fly your freak flag, babe! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

On 10/30/2014 Witchy Woman said:

Guilty of some.

And, I already have my will drafted to make sure my cats are taken care of. In fact, the house cannot be sold until the last cat dies. The insurance money is to be used for their care.

I have given instructions to my husband, sister, niece on what to do.

Maybe I'm crazy, but it made me feel better!

You're a smart, pragmatic chick and a wonderful mom Kiss, assuring the very best for your kittykids.

Anything that puts your mind at ease is priceless . 8)

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/30/2014 feline groovy said:
On 10/30/2014 kittymomNC said:

The last picture got me -- how many times have I begged my cats not to leave me just like that? {#emotions_dlg.laugh} And very guilty of "not moving a muscle" to keep from disturbing them, or sleeping in very uncomfortable positions so they will be comfortable - more than guilty!

I didn't think I had given them more than nine nicknames, but I lost track at 10! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Burying your face into your cat's fur and taking a big sniff. and You talk back to your cat when he/she meows at you. Guilty! Just lock me up now! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

And considering how many times I've been known to call them my "babies" and tell people that <em>I think I must have given birth to them</em>.... I give up! {#emotions_dlg.wub} {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.wub}

ETA: BTW, this is the CUTEST thread! I needed this this morning--thanks, <em>feline groovy</em>! Smile

You always have such nice - and often very entertaining - posts, Kitty. Smile

Appreciate your thanks, and I'm glad some giggles made for a better A.M. today.

Fly your freak flag, babe! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Thank you! Now you gave me a laugh-out-loud moment! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 10/30/2014 Yahooey said:

It is rude not to respond when you are being addressed. Just because I don't speak meow is besides the point. If someone speaks to you in a foreign language - Bonjour - do you not respond with Good Morming or Hello? Same difference. I don't discriminate.