Honored Contributor

Re: 14 Year Old Boys & Their Capsized Boat in Ocean

As I recall, I was heavily criticized for even having a thought that there's always a possibility of foul play out on the waters just about everywhere.  Boats found, people missing, etc.  There's also the possibility that they were taken to another country.  I'm just hoping that they are still alive (and healthy) and eventually found..........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

p.s.  Kids/teens and others now-a-days like to post to everyone on their social media, telling them where they are headed and what they'll be doing, etc.  Who knows if they thought that they were meeting social media 'friends', maybe being promised to board a yacht (or whatever), etc.  It all sounds so good to many teens at that age, and some kids don't ask or tell their parents exactly where they will be going. ( I know that my friends and I would have been 'thrilled' to be part of various adventures when we were young teens.........only our parents would have put a quick stop to it, in those days.  It's a different world, different times now-a-days.        ............Colliegirls:  I guess you're right, unfortunately, sadly. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

If they sent the instagram (as reported in the press) or text, "we are f--ked" as the weather became worse, then it seems more likely that the storm took their lives.

Honored Contributor

Today's update:  there were several possible sitings of the boys.  Especially heartbreaking - if it was indeed the boys and who knows? - is the woman who called the coast guard more than once about two boys trying to get a motor started shortly before the storm.  If this was a missed chance to help the boys, that's really tragic.

http://www.people.com/article/missing-florida-teens-fwc-report

Honored Contributor

I feel bad for how terrified they must have been, knowing, what they knew. Their parent's hearts must be horribly hurting. How sad that is.

Esteemed Contributor

This is the first time I have heard about sightings.  Two days later?  Awful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A search pilot may have spotted one of the boys adrift at sea two days after the boys were reported missing:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/30/pilot-may-have-spotted-one-2-missing-teen-fishermen-days-after-...

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

A search pilot may have spotted one of the boys adrift at see two days after the boys were reported missing:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/30/pilot-may-have-spotted-one-2-missing-teen-fishermen-days-after-...

Awful. To think one of them may have survived two days hoping to be rescued.

Frequent Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

A search pilot may have spotted one of the boys adrift at see two days after the boys were reported missing:

Awful. To think one of them may have survived two days hoping to be rescued.

So sad. And it could have been prevented.

Esteemed Contributor

This does not smell kosher to me.  Not at all.