Valued Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

take them out for a nice lunch and then take them to their favorite store to choose something that they want OR take them to a nice lunch and give them each a card with some money or a gift card to their favorite store.

Lovely idea @sunshine45!   Heart

Esteemed Contributor

There tons of things for girls at Michaels if you live by one. My daughter is 15 and she loves to draw. I got her a sketch pad and good coloring pencils there. 

How about something for Halloween?  We always have fun there even if we don't buy that much.

Respected Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Hello goldensrbest, I'm referring to fourpaws56,re: donation in their name. 

I guess it depends on the child,my four year old grandson gave half his new birthday toys to charity..never too young to teach about compassion..

Trusted Contributor

Taurus Constellation Necklace Sterling Silver, Taurus Necklace, Zodiac Necklace, Zodiac JewelryI got this at etsy for my daughter they are astrology star constallation about 29.00 comes with box and cleaning cloth.Moonflowerstudio is the name.

Trusted Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

Taurus Constellation Necklace Sterling Silver, Taurus Necklace, Zodiac Necklace, Zodiac JewelryI got this at etsy for my daughter they are astrology star constallation about 29.00 comes with box and cleaning cloth.Moonflowerstudio is the name.

It is sterling silver

Honored Contributor

Re: 13 year old girls

[ Edited ]

They like american eagel. Taking them there tomorrow.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Respected Contributor

Another thought on gift cards.  Perhaps this has been mentioned before but I prefer to give gift cards that are generic, such as a pre-paid Visa or something similar. Teenagers tend to change their favorite stores as often as they change moods, so a gift card to what is a faorite this month might not be appropriate for them in December.. The generic cards can go anywhere, and I think they are the best choice for teens.

Honored Contributor

@Sueliz wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

take them out for a nice lunch and then take them to their favorite store to choose something that they want OR take them to a nice lunch and give them each a card with some money or a gift card to their favorite store.

Lovely idea @sunshine45!   Heart

thanks @Sueliz

my mother still does this for my kids...and they are now 20+.

they either get a gift or some money AND she lets them choose a restaurant to go to to celebrate with her. of course, early on, it used to be places like burger king or mcdonalds. NOW they want REAL food! Smiley LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein